𝟸𝟼.

warnings: mentions and depictions of torture and abuse, mentions of blood, knives, emetophobia, graphic details of death (y'all gotta trust me)

Fear is something common you've felt. Ever since that night your ex-boyfriend laid his hands on you for the first time, it's always been felt in that back of your mind. Fear of the unknown. The fear of not knowing if you're going to die out of the blue because of the abuse.

And after you left Owen, that fear began to gradually fade. Spencer came along and helped you see what a real man is like. He helped you. And day by day, that fear got smaller and smaller until it practically faded away. Only a small inkling of fear was shriveled up into a little ball. You finally felt safe. For once in a very long time, Spencer offered you something you had craved. The mere feeling of safety.

And, like a fool, you reveled in it.

And, of course, it bit you in the ass.

The first sensation you feel is pain spreading throughout your skull, the throbbing headache feeling like it's splitting you in two. A pained groan slips through your cracked lips, heavy eyes slowly opening. It's bright—too bright for the painful headache you have right now.

Your brain desperately tries to think of what happened last night, struggling to remember the details. You remember getting home from the case and feeding Sulley. You took a shower and got dressed. There was a knock at your door.

A knock you thought was Spencer.

Instead of being greeted by the man you have feelings for, you were greeted by your worst nightmare. And after that, all you can remember is pain. He definitely punched you. From the soreness of your throat, he choked you. And the funny thing is, the entire time, all you could think about was Sulley.

If he hurt your cat, you were going to kill him.

But that's the last thing you remember. After a particularly hard punch, it all went dark. How much time had passed? Spencer was probably worried about you.

You blink once.

Twice.

Three times.

And finally, your blurry vision begins to adjust. Obviously, the first think you register is the sharp light of the fluorescents above you. Slowly, you open your eyes fully, adjusting to the light. You try to pull your hands to your face to rub your eyes, but you can't move them. They're tied behind your back—but the first think you notice is that it's not too tight.

"Wakey, wakey."

The voice comes from your right, and you lift your head, focusing on the brown-haired man who had taken you. That forgotten feeling of fear creeps back up into your limbs and spreads throughout every crevice of your body, from your face to your fingers, all the way down to your toes. You hate that feeling—you feel helpless.