𝟸𝟹.

warnings: mild violence
this chapter is like an ad for the Smithsonian, I swear

warnings: mild violencethis chapter is like an ad for the Smithsonian, I swear

Spencer knocks on Y/n's door, rocking back and forth on the heels of his feet. Nerves flutter in his stomach, and he adjusts his tie with shaky hands. She had agreed to go on another date—a museum date this time. They're just going to go to the Smithsonian, nothing fancy. It isn't too far from her apartment, and Spencer thought it would be an easy little date that costs no money.

After a few moments, Y/n answers the door, effectively taking Spencer's breath away. She's in a lilac colored dress, the hemline ending just below her knees. She has on a gray cardigan; it looks soft. A pair of ankle-high black combat boots are on her feet, and Spencer traces his eyes up to her face, noticing the light pink lipstick on her lips and that her hair is half-up, brushed off her face. Her eyes lock with his, a smile gracing her face.

"Hi," she simply says, shutting and locking the door behind her.

"Hi," Spencer replies, his hazel eyes never leaving hers. "You look beautiful."

She gives a sheepish smile. "Thanks. You look really nice, too."

Spencer glances down at the gray button up on his torso. "Gotta look nice to go spout facts at the museum," he jokes, feeling his cheeks flush.

She reaches for his hand, Spencer immediately lacing his fingers with hers as they walk down the steps of her building out onto the street. Butterflies flutter in his stomach, and he slowly rubs his thumb over hers as they walk toward the museum. The wind blows through her hair, swirling the scent of her perfume around him as they walk.

"Have you ever been to the Smithsonian?" Spencer asks as they walk.

Y/n shakes her head, keeping her gaze forward. "Nope, never. I'm excited though!"

"I just figured we'd go to the history museum. I know there's the space museum and the art museum as well, but I think history is really fascinating."

"That sounds great," she says, turning her head to smile up at him.

"I might ramble some, I'm sorry if—"

"Spencer, you can ramble around me," she assures him, squeezing his hand. "I like it when you ramble."

"You do?"

"Mhm." She nods, swinging their hands between them as they walk.

It's a nice day out, albeit a little chilly. Spencer notices her shivering a little, even with the gray cardigan on. Breaking his hold on her hand, he shrugs off his black jacket before wrapping it around her shoulders. Y/n glances up at him, a smile on her face as she pushes her arms through the jacket. He laces his fingers with hers again, his face flushing as she squeezes his hand.

It's the simple gestures like this that confirm Spencer's belief that she has to have some feelings for him. He knows it's hard for her to show it, and he'd never pressure her to admit her feelings if she's not ready. She leaves a little bread trail for him, and he picks up the crumbs as she drops them. That's enough for him.