𝟷𝟻.

warnings: violence, blood

Spencer shuts his car door, making sure to lock it behind him as he walks toward Luke's apartment building

Spencer shuts his car door, making sure to lock it behind him as he walks toward Luke's apartment building. It's about 12:45—Spencer's early. He's always early. He had told Y/n he had to run a few errands, and he had left her sitting on his bed with a bowl of popcorn, watching a movie. He feels bad lying to her, but it's better that she doesn't know what he's actually going to do.

He raises his fist to Luke's door, using two fingers to knock softly against the wood. He exhales slowly, letting his hand fall to his side. After a moment, Luke's door opens, revealing his friend's stony face. He opens the door fully, letting Spencer slip inside.

"How long have you known?"

Spencer turns around, chewing on his bottom lip. "Almost a month."

"Why didn't you—"

"It wasn't my story to tell, Luke," Spencer says softly. "She needed time to heal. She still needs to heal."

Luke's quiet for a moment, his face softening. "I wish she would've told us. I..." He shakes his head. "Seeing that last night..."

Spencer's face fills his anger, his brows scrunching. "If you didn't pull me off of him, I probably would've killed him."

"I wish you would've."

Spencer raises his eyebrows. "I think we need to go pay our friend a visit."

"We're federal agents. We can't kill him."

"Obviously. We're just going to....uh, seriously injure. Maim, if you will."

Luke raises his brows before nodding. "Let's go."

Spencer exits Luke's apartment first, Luke following. He watches Luke lock his apartment before he turns back to Spencer. His face is cold, and Spencer understands why. He loves Y/n like a sister—to him, this is personal. It's family.

The two of them walk down to Spencer's car. He gets into his driver's side, turning the old vehicle on while Luke gets in and buckles his seatbelt. He gives Luke a look before backing out of the space. Owen's apartment isn't very far from Luke's, neither of the men speaking on the way there.

Spencer doesn't particularly like being violent, but Owen clearly didn't understand him when he had warned him about consequences, so it's time he makes it very clear. He doesn't want Y/n to have to worry about whether or not Owen is going to show up out of the blue and hurt her again.

So he's going to do what he needs to do.

Owen's already lucky there's not a warrant out for his arrest. He assaulted a federal agent, and the only reason he didn't get arrested then and there was because the whole team was intoxicated, save Spencer. He grips the steering wheel tighter as he drives, trying to push the image of Y/n getting punched out of his mind.