SECRET TUNNELLLLL!! SECRET TUNNELLLLLL!!

Mallory

It had been a few days since Annabeth had overheard Ron's plan, and I knew they planned to sneak in tonight after the party. Ron might be a git, but he wasn't completely stupid. A boy, I think his name was Josh, threw a crazy late party that made everyone super tired. Slick.

But I didn't participate. Now I heard the quiet snores of the girls around me. I kept my eyes closed, but my hands were on my twin knives. It wasn't until around 2 in the morning when I heard some scuffling from the stairs. I laid perfectly still, listening to the smallest details.

From my position, I could hear someone, Harry, creeping into our room, his breathing heavy from running and most likely climbing. Hermione had explained to me that whenever a boy tried to climb the stairs, they turned into the slipperiest of slides so he'd need the rope.

I heard him clumsily look around the other girl's beds until he came to mine. He was sifting through my stuff, hurriedly like he really didn't want to be here. Then I 'accidentally' rolled off the bed and onto the floor where Harry was.

I heard feet leap back as I sat up, groaning in fake grogginess. I started getting back in bed before pausing just long enough to see my suitcase, which was a complete mess. "What the-," I said getting to my feet.

I stumbled to Lavender's bed, which was opposite of mine, and where I knew Harry was quietly standing. He tried to move but my head shot up toward the sound of his shuffle. I approached slowly, reaching my hand out, then dropping it and standing back, smirking.

"Whoever you are, I can see your foot sticking out. It's not very sneaky." I saw the foot quickly disappear until I remembered something from the list: Hel's cloak, which turns the user invisible. How did I not realize this before? Harry was the keeper of the first item! This was amazing! The first week and we already know where the invisible cloak is.

I gave up waiting and reached out to find empty air.

I looked around, looking for any signs of him being there, but there were none. He had snuck out while I was distracted. But at least I knew who had the first item. I went to bed, annoyed, but glad they hadn't found any of my various weapons/silverware (which I'd found in Diagon Ally).

-------Fred is back, and he has found the Weasleys' car in the woods. This won't end well, will it? Yup, there he is, flying into next morning. Ooof and he's crashed into the wall------

As I saw Harry and Ron come into the Great Hall I began to tell the people at the Gryffindor table the story of last night, slightly modified.

"I fell out of bed, and as I was getting back in, I saw my stuff had been all messed up! And I keep my stuff super neat, so that was strange. Then I was walking over to Lavender's bed to see if her clothes were messed up too, but I heard a noise as I started walking, and saw someone's foot!" 

By this time, Ron and Harry had sat down but froze as they realized what I was talking about. I smirked internally. They deserved it. 

"So I said, 'Whoever you are, I can see your foot sticking out. It's not very sneaky,' but then I wondered how that worked, like if they had an invisibility blanket on or something. And by the time I snapped back to reality, they were gone! I still don't know who it was..." I put on a face of appropriate confusion.

Hermione looked furious, "Invisibility blanket," she said menacingly. Everyone else at the table who knew Harry glared at him, and he looked like he wanted to disappear. Ron masked his anger well, but I caught him glaring at me, and I just blankly stared back. I had to force back a grin at his slowly reddening face.

Serves them right, I thought as Hermione and Ginny started to yell their ears off. I turned and looked at Hearth. I signed, I knew it was Harry. He got away. Has H-E-L-S cloak. Just have to get it. Hearth nodded and signed back, So they don't get suspicious, I'll respond. Ducks make M(agnus) scared, also you. I grinned at his quiet sense of humor. Magnus shot him a glare from the other side of the room, where he'd been watching the argument with TJ.