Spy kid

Percy

"Heh, I wish," I said, but instead of laughing with me, Annabeth just looked at me expectantly through the IM, waiting for me to get it.

"Oh, you were serious. Can I actually do that? I feel like I shouldn't intrude in the wizard's... wizardry stuff. Like what if I get stuck in a trap made for non-wizards?" I pointed out, but in reality, I really really hoped I could come.

I know she visited a month or two ago and called every day, but it was still hard to be away from her for so long. Life just wasn't as exciting without my Wise Girl there, helping me do stupid stuff with slightly less stupidity.

"Nico's still there, right?" she asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah. He's been reluctant to leave ever since October when he tried packing and Will unpacked all his stuff, hiding it around camp. It was pretty funny, but I helped so he got us both back."

I smiled at the memory. I liked being a normal halfblood, a mostly normal teenager with water powers. Who could ask for more?

"Well can you get him to bring you here? I found a few underwater spells but it would be so much easier if you could just ask the merking. We're almost done with the list and I don't think the gods really thought about the fact that none of us can breathe underwater," she said with an eye roll. It seemed the gods didn't think very often, so this wasn't surprising.

"When should we come?" I asked, trying not to show how excited I was about seeing Annabeth again, and mostly failing.

She smiled, "We're five hours ahead of you, so you should come at night," she offered, and I pouted.

"Can't I come in the morning? Then I can stay there the whole day," I gave my most adorable and pleading look, which she just smirked at and I sighed, knowing it was useless. She was just too good.

"I mean if you want to come at 2 in the morning... be my guest," I looked at her, mentally checking her math, and sighed. She was right, she always was.

"Alright fine. How about 8? That way we get there at 1. Unless Wizards are particularly fond of late-night raves?" I asked, a smile playing on my lips. Annabeth tried to hide her smile, but I've known her for too long not to notice the twitch of her lips.

"Percy, that's not funny. Just get here, so we can be done with this quest," she said a little exasperatedly as I grinned. She paused, "I love you. See you later."

I dramatically blew a kiss her way, "Goodbye, my love. Until we meet again," I said in a theatrical voice and she laughed. It was always worth acting ridiculous to hear her laugh.

"Love you too, Seaweed Brain. Bye," she said and I smiled as she cut the connection, wishing I could go over there right now.

I found Nico in the infirmary with Will, where he was most days. Will was wrapping a Demeter kid's arm, while Nico laid upside down on an empty bed, cutting bandages that fell to the floor in a messy pile.

"You're good to go, just don't push it for a few days until it heals. Come back if it starts to bother you," Will said, helping Jake to his feet and rubbing his forehead as he stripped the dirty and slightly dirty sheets from the bed.

"Hey, nice job with Capture the Flag the other day. You and your siblings were a solid defense," I said as Jake passed, and he looked surprised that I had mentioned it before smiling shyly and walking out.

It really had been though. And even on the opposite team, I was proud of their fighting skills which had improved a lot this summer. I was trying to get all the campers comfortable with at least one weapon, and Jake was a natural with the spear.