Quidditch

TJ

I was twisting the ring from the gods on my finger while trying to do my homework. Honestly, homework should be banned from the Nine Worlds, everyone hates it so why do teachers continue to torture young innocent souls?

I mostly asked Mallory for help, as she got help from Annabeth. I did most of it on my own though, since I wasn't completely stupid.

We all thought it was a waste of time, even Annabeth, but did it anyway to blend in more. Plus Hecate blessed us for one year, so it's not like we can use any of it later on. Now if only Alex (currently she/her) could refrain from pranking Professor Snape, we could be kind of normal.

Ha. Yeah, we're never gonna be normal.

Every day we would go to the grounds and practice killing practice skeletons that Hades provided. After the first week, the gods decided that in Hogwarts, we shouldn't be able to die permanently because we needed to practice for Ragnarok (Yeah we all know they just want their stuff back).

But we regenerated within 15-20 minutes, so our daily killing and dying practice only lasted about thirty minutes to an hour. Annabeth, Hearth, and Blitz didn't participate since they weren't dead yet, "And I'd like to keep us that way."

I always woke up uncomfortable and stiff from regenerating so fast. Magnus offered to heal, and practice blocking out the person's memories. I accepted since he was getting pretty good at it, and after a while everyone else obliged. They probably didn't want to look like old men and women who needs canes.

Anyways, as I was struggling with writing an essay about wizard history, Hermione and Ginny walked up to us. They were both our friends, while Harry and Ron refused to associate with us.

"So are any of you guys trying out for Quidditch?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah I might," I answered, looking back morbidly at the mountain of homework I had.

"Well you should join, I'm a chaser, and a lot of people left so we need players," Ginny said, "We need two beaters and two chasers, although you can try out for the other positions. You all have surprisingly good reflexes, so if you show up there's a good chance you'll get a spot. Harry's captain though, and he's still mortified from the whole Invisibility Cloak Incident."

"He should be," Annabeth said, glaring at the back of said boy who was also struggling with homework by the end of the library. "It's rude to sneak into a girls dorm and poke around their stuff. He wouldn't like it if we did the same to him."

I nodded in agreement, it was wrong of him and I'm actually surprised Halfborn, or even Neville didn't hear him since he must have been making quite a bit of noise. I guess years of sneaking out paid off.

"Anywho, Quidditch Tryouts are this weekend, 1 pm on Saturday. Hope I'll see you there!" Ginny said cheerily, before walking away, chatting with Hermione.

Annabeth turned to us, "I think at least two or three of us should try out. When they explained the rules of the game, they described the smallest ball more or less like what the Ruby Runestones are supposed to be held in." We agreed.

------Fred is back, with a broomstick. The Blackjack 3000, handcrafted by Hephaestus. I'm 99% sure he stole it and is about to crash the beautiful broom into a tree. On to Saturday!----

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magnus

I was completely, tremendously, over hearing about how I was an American spy or some such rubbish, or even worse, how my friends were. I could take an insult, especially when I know they're not true. But when people whisper about how Alex (she/her) is a Death Eater, or how our group must have an 'alternative motive' which apparently is to kill just about everyone in the school, I have to walk away, scream into my pillow, and avoid seeing that person for the rest of the day for fear I might attack them.