Dancing Pandas

Ron

I woke up with a sharp pain in my head. I groaned and closed my eyes again, pulling my blanket over my head as I turned over, trying to go back to sleep and hopefully get rid of this bloody headache.

I sighed in relief as something warm pressed against my head and the headache slowly subsided. This is a weird dream. Wait, is this a dream?

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, looking around. I was not in fact in my bed, or the dormitory at all. I was in a common room, but not the common room. Green, blue, yellow, black, and grey swirled into colorful patterns along the walls.

There was Annabeth, whispering on my left to Magnus, who was crouching behind me. Was he the one who made my headache go away?

"Whas happenen?" I slurred, blinking as my eyes adjusted to the warm light.

"Oh yay he's awake. This is a stupid plan by the way," someone grumbled.

"Yeah, it's like 3 am at camp," someone else added.

"Nico," a voice I recognized as Will hissed warningly, "You're supposed to be interrogating him, not yawning. At least try to act scary."

I stretched my sore arms and looked around at the people in the room. I noticed Percy, Will, and who I guessed was Nico, sitting in large armchairs to my right, looking at me curiously. Had they been watching me sleep? Creepy.

"I am scary. I'm actually terrifying," Nico said with a yawn as he glared at the blonde boy next to him.

"Mm-hmm. Yeah no, somehow not scared by your terrifying yawn," Will said sarcastically.

"Just shut up. It's too early for this," Nico said, another yawn escaping his pale lips. I rubbed my head but the headache I'd had seconds before was completely gone. The feeling of warmth was still there though, making me feel rested and happy.

"Alright. Let's get this over with. Ron," I looked to Annabeth's stern tone, for a second thinking it was mum. They had the same kind of energy sometimes, it scared me.

"Why were you spying on us," she said. It was more of an order than a question. The happy feeling was gone.

"Well, er, well I couldn't sleep last night and I heard you guys outside my window. I listened and you two were being really bloody suspicious, so I took-" I paused, not sure whether or not to mention the invisibility cloak.

"You took Harry's cloak and snuck out behind us, obviously. So. How do you know Percy?" she asked, narrowing her eyebrows at me. She didn't mention the map, thank Merlin.

"Yeah, have we met?" Percy asked from my left. I shrugged looking down, my head racing for a believable answer since I had no idea. I hid a smile as I looked up, a memory popping to the surface of my mind.

"You mentioned him when we first met. You thought Harry was Percy because they look similar. I thought he was Harry out there, which is part of the reason I stayed," I answered, and watched as Annabeth's grey eyes swirled with intelligence as she thought my answer over.

"Why don't you like us?" Magnus asked, sounding more curious than angry, which I appreciated.

"Because. I've seen you guys do some weird things. Like the sorting, Halfborn and  Mallory constantly vowing to kill each other, Alex's snake tattoo, all of your amazing reflexes, your weird curses, the giant black teleporting dog, and just now, Magnus made my headache go away with his magic hand thing," I finished, quite proud of myself for all my evidence.

"Well, I guess that's fair. Here's the truth, most of what we can tell you anyway," Annabeth said, facing the others, and Magnus gave her a look.

"You called Chiron? That's what you two talked about? But he's totally going to blab about it!" Magnus stage whispered at Annabeth, who sighed.