Goodbye Hogwarts. Update; We're Still Dead

Annabeth

With the help of TJ and Halfborn, Snape had found Kivaskirs Mead in the very, very back of one of his shelves behind some pickled eyeballs or something equally as gross. Magnus had stopped by the Headmasters' office to talk to Jermy (who he said was appropriately guilty for not telling us he had the sword all along. I guess it was a magic hat rule or something).

Now all that was left was Harry's cloak, although Luna told me it was one of the only things he had left from his dad, who died along with his mother when he was one. I felt conflicted about taking that away from him, I knew how I would feel about losing my invisibility hat.

Nico described how annoying Hel is at meetings, a goddess I don't particularly want to make angry (unlike most of the Olympian council). I guess we'll ask him before we leave.

Chiron was now explaining what we could and couldn't say, and why.

"It could be dangerous, even potentially deadly to tell them the whole truth. Years ago, when on a quest some Greek demigods came across Hogwarts and were introduced to their world.

They kept in communication, but soon an argument broke out as it usually does with humans. The wizards thought that they were superior with their magic, and the demigods responded to this claim with how they thought they could beat the wizards with their battle training and physical advantage.

So they fought, and the demigods quickly won when they figured out how celestial bronze absorbs magic spells or curses. The first death however was a demigod, counselor of the Ares cabin, Evan Trenton.

The demigods killed over three hundred wizards in retaliation, while they only managed to kill 12 of us. The gods, especially Hecate, separated the two groups much like the Romans and the Greeks to stop the deaths.

After the war the demigods left, taking nothing but the knowledge that they won. But they didn't help clean up either, which critically crippled the wizards. During the war, the wizards must have obtained those items you were sent to find.

That's why there are so few pureblood families left. Most of them were on the front lines, and got killed off or were forced to marry non-wizards to survive. Don't open a wound that is better off untouched."

We all nodded and as Chiron was about to cut the connection he hesitated and added as an afterthought, "Oh, and let Annabeth tell whatever story she comes up with no reaction. This will only tip them off. Good luck child."

"Are you ready?" Luna asked me, gesturing to the door of McGonagall's office.

"I'll think of something. Just follow my lead," I said, confidently, taking a deep breath as I searched my head for an idea.

We walked in. I stood at the end of the large table, looking around at the many curious faces that looked to me for answers. It reminded me of the council/pool table in the big house, except for fewer snacks and no flaming ping pong balls.

Standing next to me are Luna, Draco, Snape, Alex, Mallory, Hearth, and Bliz. The others are making sure the gods will get their stuff, setting up postage and tying packages to ravens or whatever.

In front of us are all the teachers and three students who had seen the monsters and eidolon, since most of them had already been obliviated when McGonagall asked for this meeting. McGonagall cleared her throat, and I sighed.

"Ok. So we're all aware that some... weird stuff happened in the Great Hall yesterday, stuff that we know how to deal with," I started carefully, beating around the bush as I stalled, trying to come up with a plan.

"Don't open a wound that's better off untouched."

How am I supposed to give them a plausible explanation without telling them the truth? I guess I could always give them some of the truth.