INTRODUCTION

One word,

Blinding.

Wolf was referring to the spectacular neon signs that are, oh-so bombastically covering every inch of the outside of that Nightclub, which was just across from Wolf's office and shady hiding place. Of course, Wolf wasn't actually hiding.

He was just taking his sweet time with a cigarette held delicately between his fingers, leaning by the backdoor of his office building- That so happened to be in a grungy dark alleyway. He'd escape there every saturday night, when his work superiors go out for a company dinner. They always ask him to come drink with them, that in which he always declines.

Reason being, it's a nuisance handling drunk co-workers and he, himself (although he hates to admit it) has a pretty low alcohol tolerance.

Anyways, though in a scarily dark but silent alleyway, he finds it quite enjoyable watching the shenanigans that ensue from the mouth of the alley. There are drunkards, drunkards and their prissy high-pitched girlfriends, and stray cats fighting over scraps to entertain him as he takes his smoke break. Especially on nights like this, where the club is unusually filled to the brim with party goers and adrenaline seekers.

That's when the craziest shit happens.

Gang fights, Teenagers who get caught drinking without an ID, bottles being thrown and smashed against walls. Wolf has seen all of it- and what does he do about it? Absolutely nothing.

Yeah, he knows that it's dangerous and many of the things he encounters are illegal (his parents would kill him if they knew). But this is just about the only kind of dangerous he can actually experience as of now, as an office worker in his mid-twenties that has miraculously been promoted to sales manager (through a bunch of half-assed reports).

His adult life is so starkly different than how he thought it would be back in highschool. Highschool could be counted as his 'golden years'- he actually had the power to control people, heck, even control his entire school.

Although, he kept in mind that he was only able to do that because he was associated with Donald Na. Ever since the arrest of Donald, the union split-up and those who originally were in favour of him slowly dispersed into nothingness.

Just like Wolf did.

So here he is, an Office worker in Seoul with nothing better to do than smoke and watch other people ruin their livers in the heat of the night. Comical, almost. Proof that even Wolf's unbreakable pride broke eventually.

After the entire Donald Na incident, the former members of the Union never met ever again, and it became an unspoken rule between the members to Ignore the impact of Donald's disappearance and to just move on with life. Like that, Wolf's 'Golden Years' ended on a bitter note, and he was off to college where he had to face reality and come up with actual plans for himself.

If he'd have told his past self to sit his ass down and start doing things that are actually useful, perhaps his life now would be less depressing. Wolf thought to himself bitterly, taking another swig of his cigarette and exhaling smoke into the cold air.

Watching the smoke disappear, Wolf noticed something shift from further down the alleyway. 'Another Drunk person? This early into the night? It's barely 12 am.' He squinted, trying to make out the shape of the person who was slowly but steadily walking towards him.

At first it was too dark to see, but as the person got closer, Wolf's eyes widened.

'Well, that's unexpected.'

Now facing the light, was a heavily intoxicated, red-eyed, and limping adult version of Gray Yeon. Formerly known as the White Mamba.

__________________________________

'Holy Shit' Wolf thought to himself, frozen against the wall, as if he was trying his best to just disappear or blend in with the bricks behind him.

Out of all the people he wouldn't have expected to come down that alleyway, he sure as hell never even thought of Gray Yeon as an option. Seeing him again, though small in stature, was still as intimidating as he remembered from highschool.

Out of all the people, all the possibilities, why did it have to be Gray? Perhaps this was God's punishment to Wolf for being such a snotty delinquent in High School . He just had to be met with the one and only former trauma-inducer Gray Yeon.

Although, putting the fear aside. Wolf couldn't help but wonder why Gray was there in the first place, why he was in a messy dress shirt without proper pants on. Literally, he was dragging himself to the mouth of the alley with black boxer shorts as his only form of leg wear.

Wolf was so confused, it was so unexpected, such a contrast from the scary but elegant high schooler he always pictured Gray to be- or which he was. This version of Gray looked as if he hadn't seen the sun in years, nor has he slept in years.

Thankfully, it seemed like Gray hadn't noticed him at all. He limped past Wolf with half-lidded eyes, and stood at the very edge of the sidewalk next to the open road. Honestly, Wolf got kind of worried. Gray was batshit drunk, and could stumble onto the road at any moment, which was very dangerous.

Look, Wolf liked to watch people being stupid when drunk, but he wasn't too keen on watching a drunk person getting hit by a vehicle.

He was an asshole, but not that extreme of an asshole.

Gray Yeon seemed to be hailing for a taxi, since his arm was lazily flung out and his hand in a loose side thumb position- which just increased the chance of Gray tripping and getting run over. Being the painfully sober person he is, Wolf put two and two together.

Say, if Gray were to even so slightly tip over at that moment, what are the chances of a car or bus speeding by and sending him and his extremely delicate figure flying. The odds of Wolf actually witnessing the death of a man were pretty big. And he did not want to see that happen- which made him slightly paranoid.

'Slightly' was an understatement.

Wolf got so paranoid that, as soon as he saw Gray even stumble a little bit onto the road, Wolf was immediately pulling him back to the safety of the sidewalk. Effectively blowing his cover, and leaving Gray to fall onto the concrete with a 'thump' that sounded more like he broke his back.

'Great, Just great, I just had to swoop in like some sort of fuckin' hero.' Wolf cursed to himself.

Meanwhile, Gray Yeon who was still recovering from his fall, stared back up at Wolf groggily. Squinting, and wondering who and why this mystery person looked so familiar.

Wolf had just finished his mini-mental rant, when Gray -who somehow picked himself up- crashed straight into his back, and caused him to stumble forwards into a nearby sign.

"Fuck! What's your problem!?" He cussed, attempting to push Gray off of his back.

Since Gray was relatively small, Wolf had a hard time reaching behind his back for Gray's shoulder. As he struggled, Gray decided to hold the back of his work shirt for support, effectively crumpling the fabric in the process. "Arg- Don't do that, I still need to wear this shirt tomorrow-"
___________________________________

Looking back, Wolf knew that Gray was extremely drunk and probably couldn't understand anything he was saying. Which was probably the reason why they ended up in this kind of situation-

In an awkward smelly cab with Wolf in a horribly vomit-stained dress shirt, and an equally as vomit-stained Gray.

Wolf was nothing short of baffled.

"Well fuck."

____________________________________

AUTHORS NOTE
This is the continuation, or the main story to 'Rain' so if you haven't read it yet, here's the link.

Read the prelude 'Rain': https://www.wattpad.com/story/254951318?utm_source=android&utm_medium=link&utm_content=story_info&wp_page=story_details_button&wp_uname=username_whats_that&wp_originator=zeXNCR1NsZ9CVmtoEfz9UmWI9Fp4TksGadDtxjnYAnjqv8F6l7%2BVyKVVRtpjpQ2N7ik8DpPfjXn7%2BM4Gj%2BGTQ32hiaeJN6oIi2yj07nadFauOdWH47Tz8SiKSb7%2BnxN9