Chapter One; Page Two

A groggy Glasses-less Wolf Keum stood before him with a hot bowl of porridge in one hand and a soup spoon in the other. "Here-" Wolf moved towards Gray and placed the bowl beside him on the wooden bedside table. "Breakfast." he stated tiredly.

The porridge looked like it got beaten up and was dropped into a dump. So in short, the sight and smell of the porridge made the house condition significantly more understandable. Gray was sure that it was made with cheap instant rice from the convenience store, and was microwaved just beforehand.

Gray knows because he's been using instant rice everyday, it's most definitely not great and extremely unhealthy (for daily consumption that is), but he's never tried to create porridge out of it. Gray stared at the hot bowl blankly, truly contemplating whether he should eat it or not.

"Oi, if you're not planning on eating then I'll just eat it myself. I'm trying to be generous here." Wolf crossed his arms and leaned onto the wall, eyeing him down and Gray, who was still staring at the food, was too lost in his thoughts to hear Wolf's voice.

'So Wolf was my client? He must've found my number on a whim, but he doesn't look like the type to be interested in this type of stuff though.'

But even so, a client is a client- and if he doesn't do a good job, he wouldn't get paid, which wasn't ideal for his situation. So Gray ended up consuming at least half of the bowl, occasionally holding back a gag to refrain from being rude.

The taste definitely matched the visual, but it thankfully wasn't as bad as Gray initially imagined it to be. He could tell that Wolf did put some work into creating it, as opposed to just boiling soggy instant rice in leftover soup and such.

His throbbing headache calmed, only a hint of pain remained- but it was nothing that Gray couldn't handle. After all, none of his past clients had ever made breakfast for him, and in consideration of his hangover too (or so he assumed since it was porridge.) He held some regards for Wolf's efforts. This is debatably the nicest someone has treated him in the past few years- nine years at best.

"Man, you really ate that up huh. Well glad you enjoyed it,, I guess." Wolf, who was leaning on the wall just across from the bed regained his composure and leaned across Gray to retrieve the semi-empty bowl.

If Gray wasn't in a tight position and didn't have to worry about money, he would've decided against eating the soup, but since that wasn't the case, Gray kept quiet about his distaste. Although, it seemed like Wolf knew that his porridge was a dumpster fire, with the quiet but audible comment he made as he pulled away.

'Hah, don't lie to me like that.'

Of course, it was probably meant to be a joke, Gray knew that. But he couldn't help but notice that tired bitter sound in his voice. That washed-up feeling that Gray knows all too well. But, in typical Gray fashion, he decided not to address it.

"I left your shirt in the drier, and if you're looking for pants..well you don't have any. So you can just take one of mine, might be a little big on you but they're still pants."

Watching Wolf pace across the room with the bowl, Gray took some time to actually take it in. It's been ten years since he's seen Wolf or anybody he remembered from high school, and it's very evident when he looks at Wolf. Unlike back then, Wolf had become taller and lankier in size, he also had this awkward unconfident hunch in his frame- a contrast to the confident figure that was Wolf in high school.

Not to mention the very light facial hair on him, Gray didn't notice it at first, but the closer he looked the more he could see exactly how tired Wolf was. His eye bags were just ghosting above his skin, and there were a couple of barely visible patches of facial hair under his chin. He looked like he lived on caffeine, instant foods, and nothing else. Given his gloomy, sunken features.

Gray knew that he, himself, probably looks Like a mess as well. Since his alcohol habits seemed to be getting worse, and he'd been losing sleep to his clients. He was pretty sure he looked like shit.

Also a bitter contrast to his high school years.

"Anyways-" Started Wolf "I'll be going to work after I take a shower, so clean yourself up in the meantime." He moved to exit the room with the porridge bowl; but before he could leave, Gray took his wrist and yanked him backwards onto the bed.

"Wait."