Chapter One; Page Six

"... Excuse me?"

"Are you planning on paying me or not?" Gray repeated himself, establishing eye-contact with Wolf who looked taken aback (once again).

Gray was aware that he probably sounded like a stuck-up greedy asshole (which he partially is), but given the situation, his question was somewhat understandable. Wolf called him up the night before for his service, and his service is what he got, thus, it only makes sense for Gray to ask for payment.

So Gray waited patiently for Wolf to answer and stared at him with judgement reflecting in his eyes. The reply Gray got from Wolf was far from what he expected, and honestly made him burn up a little bit on the inside.

"Pay..You?" Wolf started. It may have been Gray's imagination, but Wolf sounded a tad bit offended.

Normally Gray would quit it before he fully lost himself, especially because he would like to refrain from fighting with one of his clients; but for some reason Wolf just pissed him off to no end.

Maybe it was jealousy of Wolf's successful path in life, the fact that Wolf was so different from who he was in highschool, or maybe that he just doesn't like to be reminded of the past. Either way, he absolutely despised both Wolf and this situation.

'What an asshole.'

Gray thought to himself, mentally cursing out Wolf with an unreadable expression on his face. "Yes. Pay Me,," He responded.

An awkward beat of silence passed between the two before Gray inwardly sighed and finally decided to just pick himself up and leave.

"If you aren't planning on paying me, then I'm leaving. " He said as he recollected himself and started making his way to Wolf's front door. "I'd rather not waste my time here."

"Uh I- Hold up-" Wolf stuttered out, scrambling after Gray into the doorway leading to the entrance.

"Can I- Can I at least get some context? I swear to God I'm so confused right now-" Turning his focus away from Wolf's (Very organized) shoe rack, he turned to look Wolf straight in the eyes with a cold look on his face, practically fuming.

Gray was very clearly annoyed at him, if not already obvious. There was a light twitch in his eyebrow and he could feel himself heating up- but now was not the time to get angry since lashing out wouldn't serve anyone of them well, since both of them were crammed into the hallway (and Gray didn't have shoes on) in front of Wolf's door.

If he were to start a fight here, the odds of winning weren't looking too great. Gray's only chance at survival, being, Wolf's spare pairs of shoes that Gray could use to defend himself with, but not even that would hold up. So, definitely no spontaneous fighting this time.

Instead of retaliating with physical violence, Gray decided to retaliate calmly (as calmly as he could at the moment) with words.

"What is there to be confused about? You either called me up or met up with me at a bar last night for sex, and now you don't want to pay me for doing my job."

This response seemed to really be off-putting to Wolf, because unlike the other surprised faces he's already made multiple times that morning, this face was more on the shocked side rather than confused.

Wolf opened his mouth to speak, but the words seemed to get stuck in his throat since for a while he just stood there with his jaw dropped and mouth hanging open.

The two stared at each other intensely, the air between them getting heavier by the second.

".. Sex..?" Wolf finally managed to say.

"Isn't that why I'm here," Gray scrunched up his face and massaged his temples in frustration. "To sleep with you?"

Baffled, Wolf's eyes widened and his eyebrows furrowed, his mouth still open in shock.

"I-WHAT THE HELL MAN!?"