Chapter Two; Page Seven

CHAPTER TWOA mutual understanding_

CHAPTER TWO
A mutual understanding
_

__________________________________

If not for his usual cup of coffee, Wolf would've never survived that morning- He lamented as he sat back down in his cubicle.

If anything, even without his eventful morning, he would still just barely survive the daily grind- he had documents and timesheets to work on, a presentation to pitch to his team, and work juniors that needed babysitting.

As if things weren't already hectic to begin with, his Morning fiasco with his houseguest continued to weigh on his mind while he worked to get those files to the photocopier, and he just -for the life of him- could not focus. Flashes of cold eyes, and beige-grey hair crowded his thoughts as if he was reliving the scene.

After Wolf managed to clear up the misunderstanding with Gray, Gray left through the front door with a small 'I see, I misunderstood the situation.' and a 'Sorry about that, I'll take my leave.'

With that, Gray officially took his leave from Wolf's apartment. And Wolf was left behind, still trying to piece together whatever the fuck just went down.

Til' now, Wolf's still having trouble trying to process what happened.

Still trapped in his thoughts; Wolf moseyed up to the common area, leaned on the office printer with neatly stacked papers folded into a bright orange file under his arm and his free hand holding up the lid of the photocopier.

Taking a slow look around, he made sure that he was alone (with the exception of the senior staff taking coffee breaks on the lunch tables) before opening the file and forcibly stuffing one of the documents under the lid to copy.

Thankfully, Wolf's been scheduled earlier with the addition of his promotion to sales manager, which ultimately meant that he had more time to himself- without his Juniors closing up on him. But since he appeared late to work today, he became cautious and even slightly paranoid that his Juniors would just burst through the elevator at any given time.

Then he could say goodbye to his momentary freedom.

Although he prided himself on the fact that he was considered the 'handsome young man' of the sales department, the title also brought unavoidable obstacles that he's begun to face almost everyday- if not everyday.

The Juniors, for example, ganged up on him every time they even got a whiff of his existence. Asking him questions regarding the department, whether he's going to attend the company party, if he has a girlfriend- yadda yadda. At first, the questions were understandable, but as time went on, Wolf became bombarded with questions about his love life. And, in a work environment? No less, the Work Environment that his Uncle was the head of.

As if right on que, the elevator dinged and opened its doors to reveal a crowd of chattery coworkers, slowly flooding out into the common room.

"Sunbae!" A chorus of (mostly female) voices vied for his attention.

Wolf Sighed. Here it goes again.

About eight of his Juniors surrounded him in anticipation, but not without fixing their hair or flattening out their pencil skirts. And one (out of the many) of his male Juniors- the plain one with starry eyes- timidly smiled up at him from his right side clutching his work bag.

"Sunbae, do you need help with the files? I can take em' up if you want!"
He started enthusiastically. (This kid's been sucking up to him since he joined the department.)

And amongst all the chatter, Wolf watched as the Senior Staff annoyedly took off from their coffee break, trying to maneuver around his eight-person crowd.

He also took a cautionary look up, to check if the 'you-know-who' would be present today. Turns out, he was.

Wolf's eyes immediately caught his Uncle in his brown plaid suit, staring at him with a slightly raised brow through the glass wall of his office.