Twenty- A tragic ending

GENERAL
Millie sat in her office, Amira and Jaxx running around as she had locked her door.

Millie: No. There is nothing you can do to change my mind. My fathers men might have moved on but I am not giving you or Finn ownership of my gang.

Millie paced, having been on a conference call with Nick for the past hour. Tom was off doing brute business while she handled a gang and two kids.

Nick: C'mon Millie. It's in the best interest of every one involved, besides, the more of my men you adapt into your gang, the safer you, Amira and Jaxx will be!

Millie: I'm not going to hand over my legacy to you or Finn!

Nick: What does Tom think? Does he have any thoughts on this situation?

Millie: No! For the last fucking time Nick, Tom demanded that he not be involved in anything business related. He deals with the brute business and the men we have left while I deal with business issues related to offers and other shit!

Nick: Millie...please...we can help you!

Nick had been trying to convince her.

Millie: No! I'm not trusting the man who shot my father dead without remorse! And you may be Amira and Jaxx's uncle, but there is no way I am trusting you.

She pressed the end call button on her phone, falling onto the chair behind her. Tom entered the room, holding a brief case that he placed on one of the two chairs that resided across from Millie.

"Why had Nick been calling me for the past 6 hours?" Tom asked as Millie held her forehead, sick of Nick's pressure.

"He wants to combine our gangs, thinking it'll help us and the kids." Millie spoke as she picked up the briefcase and opened it.

"Wait...wouldn't you know about this already if he's been calling you?" Millie asked, confused.

"I was too busy to answer my phone, seeing as I've been attending gang meetings with our remaining members." Tom spoke, sighing as he sat across from her.

"Nick wants you to have a say in the matter." Millie sat up, grabbing her notepad as she wrote some things down.

"Well...you may not like my answer Mills..." Tom admitted, slightly nervous.

"Tom! You can't be serious! Dad left the gang to us. It's our legacy and you wanna merge with people who are supposed to be out gang rivals?!" Millie stood up outraged at what Tom was implying.

"Millie...we lost 15 members of our gang after your dad died. We only have 6 members left! I don't think it's such a bad idea to merge." Tom objected.

"You know what Tom, you asked not to be part of the business side of the gang. I'm not going to let you walk in here and agree with Nick. I'm not going to merge with his gang since I don't trust either of them!" Millie spoke as she sat back down again angrily.

"It's your decision Mills." Tom left the room, defeated as he was going to attend another meeting.
———
The day went on as normal, Millie doing business related work while Tom attended more meetings as he got down to some brute business.

As Millie played with Amira and Jaxx, she smiled, tickling the kids.

"Ok, I'm gonna get you guys ready to go and stay with your daddy..." Millie spoke as she got up, going to the rooms. Getting them packed, she saw Nick standing at the front door so she sent them off.

As she walked back to her office, a shot went off and a painful shiver rolled down her spine. She looked around, no one was in the room. She looked at her hands, covered in blood. Looking down at her body, she saw a big red spot where the blood must have been coming from. The shirt was lifted to reveal a huge wound in her waist, causing her to feel sick. Her body fell to the floor as she yelled in pain. Applying pressure to the wound, she felt the energy from her body leave as she struggled to breathe. Tears escaped her eyes as she gasped for air, her vision becoming blurry. Her right hand went limp, falling to the floor besides her as her left hand also went limp, residing on her stomach. She drew her last breath, feeling the colour from her face disappear as she laid on the floor. Her vision went black, as her eyes remained open, but her pulse and heartbeat disappeared.
———
A few hours had passed since Tom last spoke to Millie, and when he left her, she wasn't too happy.

Arriving at their home, he opened the front door, calling her name.

"Millie? You home?" He asked, spotting her car keys next to the front door.

"C'mon Millie I know your home. Your keys are here." He spoke, walking further into the house. Not hearing anything, he became worried.

"Amira? Jaxx?" He asked, wanting to hear their laughs, but nothing.

He walked closer towards Millie's office, figuring that Amira and Jaxx must have been picked up by Nick or Finn. Before opening the door, he noticed a slash of blood underneath the door. Worrying about Millie, he busted the door open, seeing a bloody hand near the desk.

"Millie?!" He shouted, scared. He ran over to her, seeing her dead body on the floor, a pool of blood near her waist.

"Millie!" He screamed in anguish as he held her in his arms, her body limp. He called 911 with his free hand.

The police arrived 20 minutes later taking Millie's body out of the house. Neither Nick nor Finn had been notified.

"Do you want me to call Mr Wolfhard?" An officer asked.

"No, I can do it." He spoke.

Getting his phone out, Tom tried his best not to cry as he dialled Finn's number. Finn picked up his phone, a little concerned as he answered the call.

Finn: Hey Tom. What's up?

Finn hadn't heard from Tom in a while, so this call was confusing for him. Tom tried to stay calm.

Tom: Something happened...

Finn was becoming nervous, hearing Tom's voice shift from nervousness to sadness. Tom felt tears welling up in his eyes.

Finn: What's wrong? What happened?

Tom was hesitant to say anything, but Finn would've figure it out if Tom didn't say anything. Finn became just as nervous as Tom.

Tom: It's Millie...

Finn's heart sank. Something had happened with Millie and it might've been his fault. Tom nearly broke down into tears.

Finn: What happened with Millie? Is she ok? What's going on?

Finn panicked, scared for her life. He waited for Tom's answer. Tom held his sanity and kept his composure as he opened his mouth to speak again.

Tom: I'm so sorry Finn...but she's...she's dead. She got shot.

Finn felt the phone drop from his hand as he looked at Nick with tears streaming down his cheeks. Nick held Finn as he fell to the floor, tears flowing like waterfalls from his eyes.

Tom finally gave in to his sadness as he himself cried when he heard crying from Finn's side of the call.