Coffeehouse Scones

What you need:

- 2 cups of flour

- 1/3 cup of sugar

- 1 tbsp of baking powder

- 6 tbsp of cold butter

- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream

- 1 egg

- 1 tsp vanilla extract

- baking sheet w/ parchment paper

- 2 large bowls

- whisk

- cutting board

- basting brush

---

How to make:

1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line the baking sheet with parchment paper before setting them aside.

2. In one bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and butter until you get a crumbly mixture. In the other bowl, whisk together the heavy whipping cream, egg, and vanilla extract. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until they're both combined.

3. Lightly flour the cutting board and place the dough onto it, roll it into a ball before flattening it into a 7 inch circle. Cut the circle into eight pieces, and put them onto the baking sheet with parchment paper. Make sure to leave space between the pieces!

4. Brush the tops of the pieces with a bit of heavy whipping cream suing the basting brush and put them in the fridge for approximately 10 minutes.

5. Take out of the fridge and place in the oven for 18-20 minutes until the tops are golden-brown and the pieces are cooked through.

6. Remove the scones from the oven and wait for them to cool completely before serving.

---

Art credit: mocherree on twitter