Momento Mori Cake

What you need:

- 1 cup of strawberries

- 2 1/2 cups of flour

- 2 tsp of baking powder

- 1/2 tsp of baking soda

- 1 tsp of salt

- 3/4 cup of softened butter

- 1 3/4 cups of sugar

- 5 egg whites

- 1/3 cup of plain yogurt

- 2 tsp of vanilla extract

- 1/2 cup of milk

- blender

- small pot

- cake pans

- whisk

- medium bowl

- large bowl

- stand mixer or handheld mixer

---

How to make:

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease your cake pans. Rise and hull the strawberries, then put them in the blender and puree them. Pour the puree into the small pot and place on the stove, and stir it over medium-low heat for about 25-30 minutes. You should be left with 1/2 cup of strawberry puree.

2. In the medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside for now.

3. In the large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until smooth with the stand mixer or handheld mixer. Add in the egg whites and beat on high speed for about two minutes, then add in the yogurt and vanilla extract until combined.

4. Set the mixer on low speed, then add in the dry ingredients and combine. Then, slowly pour in the milk, but be sure not to overmix the ingredients. Stop the mixer when they are just combined and whisk in the strawberry puree. Be careful to make sure there aren't any lumps.

5. Pour the batter into cake pans and put into the oven for 25 minutes or until the cakes pass the toothpick test. Once finished, take them out of the oven and top with whatever icing you prefer. Serve warm with friends, family, or for a party of one! Yomi is not responsible for any damages coming from irresponsible portion servings.

---

Art credit: 7719025 on pixiv