Shut-In Curry

What you need:

- 1 1/2 tsp of ground coriander

- 1 tsp of cumin powder

- 1/2 tsp of turmeric

- 1/2 tsp of crushed fennel seeds

- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon

- 1/2 tsp of black pepper

- 1/4 tsp of crushed mustard seeds

- 1/4 tsp of crushed cloves

- 2 tbsp of olive oil

- 1 chopped small onion

- 4 minced garlic cloves

- 1 tbsp of peeled and minced ginger

- 1 cup of chicken broth

- 3/4 cup of tomatoes (with no seeds)

- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1 1/4 inch cubes

- 1 tsp of cornstarch

- 2 tsp of water

- 1/3 cup of heavy cream

- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro

- small mixing bowl

- large non-stick skillet

- blender

- clean folded kitchen rag

---

How to make:

1. Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, fennel seeds, cinnamon, black pepper, mustard, and cloves to the small mixing bowl and combine them. Set the bowl to the side after mixing them.

2. Heat the olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat, then add the onion and sauté until it's slightly golden brown. After that, add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 30 seconds, then add in the spices from the small mixing bowl and sauté for another 30 seconds.

3. Pour the chicken broth and tomatoes into the skillet and mix it before bringing it to a boil. After that, reduce the heat to medium low, then cover the pan and let it simmer for 5 minutes.

4. Pour the mixture into a blender, but remove the plastic cup in the top of the lid and replace it with a kitchen rag. Blend the mixture until it's smooth and pureed, then put it back in the skillet and heat it over medium-high heat.

5. Add in the chicken and cover the cubes with sauce before bringing it to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the skillet with the lid until the chicken has been cooked through, stirring occasionally.

6. Mix in the cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce, then stir in the heavy cream until there is no sign of white left in the mixture. Serve nice and hot on its own or over some rice.

---

Art credit: Danganronpa the Animation