Homely Kusa Mochi

What you need:

- 2 tablespoons of yomogi powder

- 2 tablespoons of regular water

- 200 grams of joshin-ko (Japanese rice flour)

- 20 grams of sugar

- 200 millilitres of warm water

- 250 grams of anko paste

- 2 large bowls

- pestle

- washcloth/strainer/etc.

- large cup

- small plate

- pot of water

---

How to make:

1. Mix the flour and the sugar in a large bowl together, then slowly add warm water until the texture of the dough is squishy yet firm. 

2. At the same time, place the 2 tablespoons of regular water and the yomogi powder into the large cup and mix them. After that, use the anko paste and divide them so they can be rolled into 8 anko balls. Place the anko balls on the plate and set aside until they're needed.

3. Put the pot filled halfway with water on the stove and boil the water, then put the washcloth/strainer/etc. overtop of it. Next, divide the dough from step 1 into small pieces and put them on the washcloth/strainer/etc. to be steamed for 30 minutes.

4. Using the surface the dough was steamed on and some oven mitts, put the dough back into the bowl by carrying the dough, not touching it directly. Next, pour in the yomogi mixture, then use the pestle to start pounding and kneading the touch. When the dough cools down further, you may use your hands to mix and knead.

5. Wet your hands with water, put a piece of dough in your hand, and spread it out into a circular shape. After that, place one of the anko balls in the middle, then wrap the dough around it. Make sure to pinch and roll the dough into a ball to seal any cracks. Repeat for each anko ball.

6. Keep these at room temperature, and eat them quickly!

---

Art credit: Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School