The Wedding

After that dramatic night, I apologized to Griff and everyone else for my manners and they were all very forgiving. Griff apologized for not telling me about his girlfriend earlier but I realized, that Griff, really did deserve that happiness. He's been our parent and brother, and he never gives up on us.

Right now, me, Matty, and Tate are at the hotel getting ready, while Griff is at the resort with Axel because he is the best man. As I pat down my beautiful baby blue dress, I can hear Matty and Tate entering the room chattering away about some basketball player.

I exit the bathroom and walk into the room. 

"Wow, you look so beautiful baby," Matthew says with such emotion in his eyes.

"Thanks, Matty," I reply shyly.

I look up to see Tate but his eyes were not focused and he just stares at me. Weird.

"Uh, Tate?" I ask him cautiously.

"P-pumpkin, you look exactly like her." Tate such, his voice wavering just a bit.

Immediately I know he's talking about our mom, I rush over to him and wraps my arms around his torso. His arms automatically come around my shoulders and he places a kiss on my forehead.

"Okay, guys, today's not a day to be sad, Axel's getting married, we have to be happy," Matthew says plastering on a smile.

Thirty minutes later, we were riding in Matthew's car over to the resort to see Griff and Axel.

Tate help me get out of the car and we walk to the front of the resort to see Griff opening the door for us. 

He looks at me adoringly and tells me I look beautiful. Immediately I start wondering about his girlfriend. Where is she? Is she here? Did she come? What if they broke up? Oh no. But what if she's dressing?

A million thoughts running in my head halt as I see Axel coming out of the bathroom.

"Axel! You look handsome! You shaved!" I yell excitedly.

"Thank you bubba, and yes I did," Axel says calmly, but something is off. He seems kind of, nervous?

He sits down on the couch near Matthew ad then I realize that his hands are shaking.

"What's wrong?" Matthew beats me to it.

"I-I'm so scared, what if she bails?" He says avoiding Matthew's eyes.

"Bro, come on, Emberly looks at you with so much love, that's not possible," Matthew says with a chuckle.

Axel takes a shaky breath and says, "Your right. I'm excited."

Thirty Minutes Later:

As Axel holds Emberly's well-manicured hands in his listening to her vows, tears stream down his face. He's looking at her with so much love and sincerity. Emberly is also crying while saying her vows to her soon-to-be husband.

I was sitting with someone from Emberly's side of the family because all of my brothers are standing up at the altar with Axel since they are groomsmen.

Griff turns around for the tenth time to check on me and shoots me a wink. I smile gently and avert my eyes to the priest. He seems like a kind person.

After the newly-wed couple exchanged rings, the songs started up. Emberly first danced with her father and grandfather, then Axel with our uncle. Then I remembered that Griff's girlfriend has still not been introduced to me or my other brothers. Weird.

Slowly everyone drifts off to the dance floor, but instead of Griff dancing with his girlfriend, I see him walking over to me.

"Hey," He says quietly.