Explanations

McKinley's POV:

It's been two hours since I woke up and the pain around my rib cage area is now a dull throb.

Matthew lays in the hospital bed with me blabbering on about his rock-climbing experience with Jace, which he has already told me about three times. It seems as if my brother goes into another world when talking about Jace. *image an eye-roll*

"Matty, I'm not trying to be rude, but this story is getting boring." I cut him off trying not to sound mean.

"Okay, fine, but I don't know what to talk about!" He exclaims quite loudly in my ear.

Griff shoots a stern glare at Matthew for his loudness.

Tate just remains in his same position, focusing intensely on his phone, scrolling every five or six seconds. Not that anyone's counting.

To cure my boredom, the doctor walks in right at that moment.

"Aha, McKinley, how are you feeling my dear?" Doctor Martinez asks kindly.

"I'm feeling fine, thanks. Just a dull ache in this area." Showing him where.

At that moment a nurse walks into the room and Doctor Martinez explains that the nurse is going to check the stitches and the bandages. He politely asks my brothers to leave the room except for Griff since he's my legal guardian. The nurse says the stitches and bandages look good and leaves.

"Okay Griffin, since Mckinley is under the age of eighteen, one of you guys can stay with her overnight and she can be discharged first thing in the morning. We just want to make sure she doesn't have pain overnight and that her stitches look well in the morning." The doctor explains the pain relief medications he has prescribed.

"Alright, thank you, Doctor so much, I don't know what we would have done if it weren't for you," Griff says gratefully.

"It was my pleasure." Doctor Martinez says and leaves the room with a smile.

The guys walk in and Griff explains to them why he'll stay with me overnight. Matthew opened his mouth to argue but one look from Griff kept him quiet. The boys say their final goodbyes and leave home while Griff takes off his jacket and walks up to me.

"Baby, I'm so proud of you, you are so brave. If at all anytime through the night, you feel pain, you need to tell me immediately, okay?" Griff asks.

"Okay, and thanks Griff," I say quietly.

"For what?" He asks curiously.

I blush and say, "everything."

"Of course." He says with a handsome smile.

Hello! I know it was a short chapter, but the next one will be a little longer. Stay tuned! Thanks to everyone for supporting me!

A special thanks to my cousin for commenting and voting, ILYSM!!!