Twelve

Sleep with me

Sleep with me. The words play a salacious tune in my already dancing heart. A soft nod of acquiesce shifts my head from his solid chest as I gaze up at him through the darkness, his blazing eyes gleaming down at me.

I do want to sleep with him. Wishes do come true, apparently.

Without speaking further, Red closes the door to my bedroom and leads me toward his bedroom, still holding me on the small of my back. Oh, we're sleeping in his bed? I flush. It's even more exciting this way.

Intense astral lights bathes the room.

"I got you, Mia," Red whispers when I jump subtly upon another thunder strike. Damn it!

"I don't know why you're saying that, but I'm not scared." My hand is holding his arm tightly as I'm bragging my lies.

Stifling a laugh, Red remarks, "Yes, Madam. You're totally fine on your own. You are not scared at all."

"Really? You've learned sarcasm now?" I recoil, feeling safe despite the odds outside the house .

Why didn't the realtor warn me about this place? Yeah, it normally rains in Astoria but still—ugh! It's pouring harsher and it's getting chillier.

My silky nightdress barely holds my body warmth. I'm cold. Shutting the door behind us, Red uses his phone's flashlight to lead our way into the room.

"Lie down," he tells me, and it's now that he gets to see the provoking nature of my nightdress as he beholds a proper sight of me. "Oh God," he mutters under his breath.

Fuck! I flush, embarrassed. The plunge V-neck of my dress doesn't do much in securing my fully erect teats from the cold and skin contact with Red. Oh wow! How easy I've become!

"Okay." I comply. Red takes a deep breath as I head towards the bed. Triumph rallies inside me with full content. "You coming?" I lay down, gazing at him with my artful coquettish gaze.

"Yeah." Red turns the flashlight off and heads towards the other side of the room where a wooden closet is installed.

I can't see clearly but I think he's taking off his shorts. I hold the warm duvet tightly, imagining things I probably shouldn't for my own good. Instinctively, I press my thighs together. Holy cow!

The room lightens up from the now soundless thunder, and I see my Red approaching the bed in a pair of joggers with undetected color—maybe blue or black—still in his T-shirt. But I wonder for how long he can keep them, because I'm on fire.

What the heck, Mia! Have you turned into a sex predator?

"I thought you're sleepy," Red mocks as he climbs onto the bed.

I move aside, drawing a bigger space for him while smiling. The bed is big enough for us both but I desire no distance between us.

"I am," I mutter, my eyes locked up with his. We're now lying on our sides, facing each other directly. "But it's a bit hard sleeping with you like this," I confess.