Thirty-two

Red hauls me into his arms as soon as we step inside my office

Red hauls me into his arms as soon as we step inside my office. I'm not surprised, for I've been waiting for this throughout our journey here. My body has been craving for his touch and when he does it, I feel like a piece of nylon in the flames, weak and yielding.

His deep kiss on my lips reminds me of what he is to me. He's my Achilles' heel, and I find the Aphrodite in me whenever he's closer, worshiping my body like his favorite sanctuary. I can't get enough of this man, it's finally crystal clear to me.

"I still need to work, Red. I have a meeting in five minutes and someone may come here," I blurt heavily, holding his broad shoulders firmly for my balance. He's relentlessly kissing my neck, his warm breath caressing my skin fervently.

Oh fuck! I clam my eyes, tilting my neck in accordance to his assault.

"Red . . ." I murmur.

"Just one minute." He sounds hoarse, intoxicated even, as he leads me toward my desk. How hot! "I fucking missed these lips . . . this body . . . I just missed you, Mia Vera." He lays heavy kisses on my lips at each pause of his sentence, driving me out of my wit.

"I told you to take me away." My butt is stuck at the table, Red's hold on my back and waist quite firm and possessing. Desire courses through the fibers of my body, my skin burning  at his touch alone. "Can't you do that?" I breathe, letting him do whatever he wants with his ungentlemanly lips on my skin.

Holy hell, I want more.

"Where do you wanna go?" he rasps. The heat multiplies in my blood. "Tell me," he demands.

"I don't care where. As long as you'll be there with me." I waste no second as my palms hold his face and crush my mouth voraciously onto his. He grips me tighter onto him and our tongues explore each other with longing.

My arms curl around his neck, my back arched so I'm tightly bound by him. He kisses me deeper, and I return ditto, my heart mirroring his pace.

Damn, I want to have more of him! Now, right here, but time's not on our side. Fuck! I pull out immediately before I fully succumb to his charms.

"Leslie will be here anytime, Red," I say breathlessly, and it occurs to me that he's already hard. Mama Mia! "Will you be fine?" I chuckle, rubbing the rough surface of his jeans' fly with my hand.

He grabs my wrist to stop me. "What do you think?" He gives me a crooked smile, his breath unrelaxed.

"I'm sorry," I utter in a low, remorseful voice. I hate that I can't give him what he needs right now.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine—for now," he replies. He takes several deep breaths, reclaiming his equilibrium. "I'm going then. See you later, gorgeous." Grazing the back of his hand against my cheek, his eyes flashy like the shiny Eiffel at night, he kisses my lips once again.