Chapter 2: Assailant

Enjoy!
3rd PoV

Vics head was lying on a cold hard surface. The world around her a blur.

Sounds echoed a bit ahead as if someone was talking. Victoria felt a headache growing as the minutes dragged on.

The headache finally exploded into a migraine as an ear splitting sound erupted.

The school bell.

Victorias head shot up. Finally!

Stuffing her math book and pencils back into her black and blue bag she stumbled out of her chair and followed the massive amount of students trying to squeeze through the front door.

She waved at the mexican boy and he came over to her, tying her back into their conversation about the next literature exam they had, before the bell to their math class rang.

Victoria was the class best in literature and Marizo? Eh, slightly underneath the average.

He wanted her help and she accepted, though told him that today wouldn't work out.

„Why not?" Marizo asked.

Victoria thought of a lie. „I have a close to five thousand homework's in my Latin class. I don't have time today, maybe tomorrow?"

She couldn't tell him it was because two threats kept breaking into her house at night and watched her house at day. And that she had knocked out one of them the day prior and now was afraid both could attack today.

„God damn latin classes." he spoke under his breath. Victoria gave him a playful punch on his shoulder. „Hey, that language may be hell to learn, but it is interesting!" she defended.

„Yeah, yeah, chica keep saying that..." he waved her off.

Vic pouted. The two teenagers then went outside once the squeezing in front of them ceased.

„I'll see you tomorrow then Marizo!"

„Bye Mia amiga!" he shouted and began running to catch up with some friends of his that headed the same way.

Victoria, all by herself, began walking to the bus station. She would take the bus to visit the towns library. Nothing big, but the books were good enough.

The white haired female began humming to herself in the back of the bus on her way to the town heart.

Upon reaching her stop, the teenager and some others exited the bus. Victoria made a bee-line for the old building that held the library.

Her red eyes glittered at the sight of the massive amount of books in these halls.

She zipped her bag open and flashed the elder man behind the counter a smile.

„Ah, good morning Victoria. How are you doing this Monday?" the man shoved his glasses back up on his nose and took the books from her hands.

Victoria always got a few books on Monday and returned them The next Monday, just to repeat it all over again.

„Same old, Archie. How are you doing?" she asked. Smile still on her face. Archie was a good man. Old, nice and over all a great person to be around. She still didn't see him as a friend though.

„Back pains and sore throat but aside from that it's a lovely day so far." he answered. Vic chuckled and shuffled through the halls littered with books.