Chapter 8: Back to normal

Enjoy!
3rd PoV

Vic refused to let Toby leave with that messed up ankle so he was confined to her home.

At the third morning he walked down the stairs after her. Both on their way for breakfast.

Unfortunately after doing laundry the day before Vic accidentally left a sock lying on the stairs.

While yawning the sleepiness out of her systems the white haired girl stepped and slipped on the sock.

Toby only saw it happening, he wasn't fast enough. Victoria yelped at her fall and out of sheer instinct fired her abilities up.

The dark inked skeletal wing tattoo on her back materialized through the sides of her top and she teleported to the door.

A smash was heard as her face met the wooden door in her fall.

Toby quickened his pace down the stairs and grabbed Victoria's arm to stabilize the female.

She grabbed her head. „Uuuhhhhhh..." she groaned. „Ouch."

Her thin skeletal wings twitched and lowered, successfully getting the Killers attention.

Without thinking Toby touched one of the bones. Vic froze up mid wipe at her bloody nose.

Her other wing began to slightly tremble at the sensation. „Don't-" she swallowed hard. „Don't touch them... they're- they're sensitive..."

At those words Toby blinked and immediately let her bony wing go.

Relieved Vic let the skeletal structure blend back into the tattoo on her back.

Toby was in a kind of a daze at the weird sight. He snapped out of it as soon as she turned around and passed him. He followed her to the kitchen and they ate breakfast.

Waffles and cocoa as always.

~Timeskip brought to you by Waffles and cocoa~
3rd PoV

„It's like a red light that gathers in their body. The brighter it shines the more dangerous it is for me."

Vic checked his wounds so she could determine whenever or not she could let him go free on a clear mind.

While doing so he had asked her about how she could avoid the sneak attacks of the others from the mansion so easily.

„However you didn't really have one until you reached for your weapon that night. So after that I tried to give you a special aura, but..." she halted for a second, actually checking his aura. „But what?" Toby asked.

„It's very light and faint and fades from time to time." she spoke softly and continued her work.

The brunette boy thought for a second. „That night... you teleported me to the mansion. How... how did you know..?"

Victoria furrowed her brows in thought. How to explain...

Vic left his back bandages and went in front of him to check his ankle. It had done significantly better in the last days but she still needed to check.

„Something evil is there. It's dangerous, extremely dangerous to me. Whatever it is it drowns the whole forest in a sickening amount of danger, but still it all comes from one single place..."

„The mansion."

„Correct. I can see the mansion from here. I, uh, try to keep out of the forest as much as I can."

Vic wrapped a new layer of bandages around Toby's ankle and patted his leg. „You're all ready to go if you want to."

His brown eyes looked at her red ones. „Really?" he asked and cocked his head to the side.