Chapter 13: Coverup Teamup

{LATE 2023 CHAPTER BASH 5#}

Enjoy!
3rd PoV

Lulu sat little Sally Williams on her bed before sitting next to her.

„Sally have you been hanging around the unkillable victim lately? The one with the white hair?" she questioned.

And Sally, cute little innocent Orphan Sally Williams, tilted her head and blinked once. „No. Why should I?" her voice was clear and her eyes unwavering.

Sally was rarely scary, but this was unnerving.

„You can tell me." Lulu encouraged the younger girl. „I won't be mad, I just want to know."

„No, I haven't. What do you mean?" she asked innocently, head still tilted. She wasn't blinking, the faintest smile present on Sally's face.

„S- Sally I know you did. Just tell me."

„Know what? I don't know any white haired victims." she spoke.

„Sally just tell me." the girl with the empty sockets stressed.

„Tell you what? I did nothing."

„Then who braided your hair? Sally-"

„What's g- going on he-re?"

Sally turned her head. „Toby!" she exclaimed and ran towards him.

He twitched once then picked her up. „Toby braided my hair!" Sally then said.

„No he didn't and you know that." Lulu stressed, standing up.

„Wh- w- wha-t do you mean? Of cour- course I did." Toby backed her up. He knew he didn't do it, he knew Vic did.

„No! No you didn't! I know you didn't! I know you're lying! Tell me the truth." she demanded.

„I do- n't know what you me- mean."

„You know! Just tell me that that white haired bitch that threw me out the window did it." she ground out, swiping her arm to the side.

„Who? The- the victim Jeff can't ma- nage to kill? What about- her?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

He just came back from the mission. He had reported to the big boss and just wanted to return to his room. The blood was still fresh on his clothes goddamn it.

Lulu groaned and threw her hands up in her face. „You know exactly what and who I mean, just admit it Toby!"

„You can't prove anything." Sally stared at the girl.

„I saw-"

„With what? You don't have anything." Sally accused. Her eyes were cold.

She wasn't scary often. But she can be unnerving at times.

It was quiet for a moment as they stared at each other. „Let's go annoy Jeff, Toby!" she then said, all full of life again, eyes shining and a big smile.

„Of course." he muttered and turned around leaving Lulu alone.

The eyeless girl was seething.

Oh, she'd prove it alright. Just they wait.

...
. . .
...

The beast sneezed, she wiped her nose to get rid of the tingling and continued to type on her laptop. She sat by the kitchen island, facing the kitchen.

A song was playing in the background she kept forgetting the name of.

„Mmmmh." she groaned as she erased a typo.

Victoria kept typing and typing song through song, until the sun began to set.

Vic left her laptop alone for a couple minutes to cook soup. Today felt like a soup day.

Just a simple alphabet soup to eat while typing on her third and last essay. At least number one had been almost finished when she started today.

She filled a bowl with soup and set it by the laptop. Checking her phone before taking the first spoon and powering through the burning as it ran down her throat. „Hot." she wheezed, shifting her attention on her essay again.

A couple words and sentences later she scratched her cheek, grazing the bandage above her eye.

Her eye was horribly reddened and the iris a little disfigured when she checked her eye, but at least it didn't flop out of her eye socket again.

She cracked her neck loudly. „And here I th- thought. I had the- cracks."

„Oh." she gasped as she turned around. „You scared me Toby. You know I can't feel you."

He stood in the middle of the living room behind her. Goggles on his head, mouth free, hatchets dutifully at his sides.

„S- sorry." he apologized.

„It's okay." she huffed. Trying another spoon from the soup. It was at an edible temperature now.

„You want soup?" she asked, typing again.

It was quiet for a moment.

„What kind- of soup?" he asked.

„Alphabet soup, with a little chicken." Victoria answered, not looking up.

He shrugged, walking behind the kitchen island.

The filled a bowl for himself and immediately ate a spoonful. „Mh. T- tasty." he murmured and ate another.

„Do they not feed you there?" she questioned. There was humor in her voice was evident.

„Would you want to eat some when a- a Cannibal clown with a love for c- candy cooks?" he deadpanned.

Vic winced, eating a spoonful of soup. „Not if he puts candy in there. Would over-sweeten the meat."

Toby stiffened, shifting his eyes from his food to her.

As if sending his reaction she looked up. „You've seen me literally bite someones throat." she reminded him.

„You- you eat people..?"

„I-" she cut herself off. „T- technically it's not cannibalism since I'm not human." she defended, cheeks red.

„You're not a h- human? I though- t you were jus- just possessed or something." he wheezed.

„No, no no. I'm neither possessed nor a human." she clarified, gently raising a full spoon towards her mouth, keeping the three-eyed eye contact.

„Wh- what- what are you th- then?" he asked, a hand in his hair.

Vic averted her eyes for a moment. „Would you..." she hesitated. „Believe me if I said I don't know..?" she returned her gaze to him.

He squinted, saying nothing.

„I really don't." she squeaked. „I've been alive for a quite a while, maybe I just... forgot..?" she didn't sound sure as she said this.

„You don't know?" he asked to confirm.

Vic had a regretful expression set, shaking her head slowly.

„That's- uh- something."

„I know right." she breathed. „Maybe I'll remember when I get these chains off..." she added under her breath.

Toby stopped mid-scoop, processing.

Victoria had already resumed to typing.

„What?" he finally asked.

She looked up again. „What?" she mirrored.

Thank you for reading this Chapter.
Please check out ‚Shys book of books' for Updates, Information and possible sequels.
See ya!
-SHY-MOON-
{Word Count: 1064}