Chapter 3

Grey eyes, chin-length golden hair, gold and navy blue two-piece outfit.

I learned his name was Kurapika and that he's working with the Nostrade family. Currently, he and his partner, Melody, are keeping an eye on Nostrade's daughter, Neon.

"Must be difficult," I said to him.

Sitting side by side, we watched Neon and her two helpers go around the shop together.

"I'm assuming you're also here for the Underground Auction," I murmured.

He glanced over at me. Sure, I may not look like the type of person to know what the Underground Auction is. Then again, almost everyone would know what it is. After all, it is the biggest event Yorknew held once a year.

"I see you've worked with people in the underworld," I shrugged, glancing at Kurapika with a slight grin.

"Maybe I have," I replied. "Though, if I may ask, what's making you so angry? Filled with rage and vengeance?"

Bingo.

He froze. Gray eyes shaking in his skull.

"How did you know?" I shrugged again.

"You're easy to read," I lied. "I don't know about other people like your partner, Melody, over there. Seeing that you got caught, you didn't do a good job of hiding your rage."

Silence.

Then he stood up without warning making me frown.

"I should go," Kurapika murmured.

"Now hold on-" I started.

"It was nice meeting you, Miss. It's best that I leave before Miss. Nostrade does something drastic." And he was gone.

He wrangled up his group and they left the store.

"Hmm. How odd." I murmured.

"How odd indeed," I jumped and turned.

"Oh! Feitan....hi."

______

"I don't appreciate being on a leash! I was perfectly fine being alone, Nii-chan!"

Arms crossed, I sat across from Nii-chan with an angry pout.

"How many times do I need to drill it into your head, baby spider?" Nii-chan asked with a heavy sigh. "You are more precious to me than any jewel or rare object. I can't risk losing you all because of your foolishness."

"Foolish-?" I repeated. "Nii-chan! I am not foolish!"

"Y/n-"

"No! No! I am not foolish! I was raised by you! You taught me everything I needed to know how to survive! How to evade officials! I don't need you to keep protecting me like I'm some infant!"

"Y/n!"

All eyes went to Nii-chan. His calm and collected features turned dark causing me to swallow.

"How badly do you want to go?"

______

"Remember, Y/n. You're only going with Franklin, Feitan, and Shizuku. It's the safest option for you," said Shalnark. "And don't run off as you did before today. The last thing we need is you to get captured and have us bust you out."

Riding in the hot air balloon, Shalnark controlled it to take us to the Auction House.

"Aw, are you really underestimating me, Shal-nii?" I pouted at him.