Chapter 4

Arriving at Gordeau Desert, the hot air balloon landed. Everyone clambered out and climbed the cliff nearby. Down below were groups of men from the Mafia.

Several bullets rang out.

"Come down here!" A Mafia member shouted. "We'll even let you decide whether you'll be drowned or buried!"

"Yare, yare. I'd like to grow old then die," I muttered.

Shalnark-nii laughed.

"There's a whole crowd..."

"I don't have to suck them up, do I?" Shizu-nee asked.

"No, they don't matter," Feitan answered.

"Hey!" All eyes went to Uvogin. "Stay out of this. I'll handle it." And he jumped down.

"Wait!" Another Mafia member shouted.

Uvogin and the Mafia member met in the middle. He then pointed a pistol at Uvogin's head.

"Are you the ones who kidnapped the guests?"

"Yeah."

"Well, you do have guts. Who's your leader?"

Chuckling, Uvogin gave him a grin.

"Bastard." The Mafia member muttered and pulled the trigger.

"Classic Uvogin," I muttered.

He caught the bullet between his teeth.

With a single swipe, the man's neck was jerked to the side.

"Hey, Uvo! You sure you wanna stay down there?!" I shouted.

"I don't ever remember you being so concerned about Uvogin before," Feitan muttered.

"I'm only concerned cause of Nii-chan!" I shot back with a glare.

"Don't have to worry your pretty little head over me!" Uvogin said. "I'm perfectly fine!" Uvogin shouted and snapped another member's neck.

Pursing my lower lip at him, I continued to watch Uvogin rain hell on the men before him.

"His philosophy is to be the strongest of them all. An ordinary gun wouldn't even scratch him." Nobunaga said.

"Physically, he's the strongest," Feitan said in agreement.

"It's like watching a gorilla stomping ants," Nobunaga added. "Oh? More of them."

Looking over to the right, I saw more cars appearing.

"Oooh, backup," I giggled. "Wonder what they have for Uvogin?"

"They came all the way here merely to be killed," Franklin said.

"Just watching isn't any fun," said Shalnark. "Let's play cards."

"Yes."

"I agree."

"Okay!"

We all sat around in a small circle as Shalnark-nii dealt the cards.

"Hey, it sounds like Uvogin is having fun down there," I said, accepting the cards. "Do you think we'll get to have some fun later too?"

"Ah, I'm sure we will sooner or later," said Shalnark. "As Uvo said, don't worry your pretty little head over it."

I hummed then glanced over to Uvogin.

"Isn't that them? The Shadow Beasts, I mean?" Shalnark-nii looked over as well and stood up.