Chapter 12

"You want us to find him, boss?" Shalnark asked. "We're all willing to hunt him down but because of our fortunes..."

Yes, the fortunes will make things difficult for everyone. Chrollo doesn't have the heart to offer Y/n her fortune for fear of harming her even further.

"You should send her away now, boss," said Franklin. "Let her use Panic Room to leave now than stay and get caught."

Panic Room. If she appears to be in a tight spot, she can escape into what she calls her "Panic Room". It allows her to escape the situation through any surface regardless of size or shape. Once inside, she will need to navigate through a constantly changeable terrain. It also allows other people to enter and leave whenever they wish; however, they are more likely to get lost than her. To keep the Troupe from getting lost, Y/n has tied different colored strings made out of Nen to keep track of who is who and where they are in her Panic Room.

"We can't risk having her cause another meltdown either," said Phinks. "She brought a whole building down!"

"...very well, Phinks. I'll send her away."

________

"Leave?" Y/n repeated. "I can't just leave! Not now!"

"Y/n-"

"Nii-chan, please! Please let me stay! I don't want you to die!"

Chrollo sighed.

As he had thought. Convincing her to leave won't be as simple as many had hoped. If only she were younger, it'd be simpler.

"Y/n, plans have changed. You aren't safe here anymore."

"But you are?"

Chrollo sighed again.

"You're my brother, Nii-chan. I won't leave," said Y/n. "You understa-eck!"

Tucking her head under his chin, Chrollo flushed Y/n close to him.

"Y/n," Chrollo quietly said. "I won't repeat myself after this. Run. Run as far away as possible. You are no longer safe here. I can guarantee your safety anymore nor can the others. The chain-user is determined to wipe us all out, so please, leave."

Y/n sighed and rested her forehead against his chest.

"...okay, Nii-chan..I'll leave."

With her bag over her shoulder, Y/n glanced back at the Troupe. Then, she went into her Panic Room.

You better come out of this alive, Nii-chan.

Final chapter! Biggest thank you to those who have read this and enjoyed this twelve-part series! Hope to see you in my next book!