Chapter 1

TW
Suicide attempt!!

George's POV

I park my car on the side of an empty dimly lit road,  Slowly I step out of the drivers seat leaving my keys, phone, and the note behind.

The door is slammed shut by one hand while the other pulls onto my thin light brown hair in anger and guilt.

My feet move swiftly towards the tall rusted bridge. The only things bringing this area to life was an abandoned bike and half smoked cigarettes stomped into the pavement.

This was it, this was the day.

As I step foot on the crosswalk of the bridge I take a deep breath, my hands shaking.

"Your worthless"
"I never asked for my son to turn out like this"
"you'll never be good enough"

These words rung through my head with tears crawling down my face and into my hands. The words of my father were the ones that hurt the most, he hurt me in ways no man could explain, mentally and physically.

My mother died when I was young, too young to remember anything about her.   She lived in my head through warn out photos and coffee stained letters.  People only knew my Dad before mom passed,  I hear he was a kind man who cared deeply for his family. 

I have a hard time believing he was ever anything but a low life drunk, even if he was, why couldn't he be that kind of man for me?

As I approach the center of the bridge, I lean against the warn out railing looking down to see the star scattered river below me.

I climb upon the railing my toes teasing over the edge, my arms stick up stretched wide from side to side. I can feel the wind dancing through my ears.

this is how I want it to end.

I want to slowly fall down deep into the waters below me, I want to feel the regret and pain for the burden I have placed on many lives.

I close my eyes and lean forward slightly but not enough to make me fall, I take a deep breath, count to three, and lean all the way.

suddenly a pair of firm arms wrap tightly around torso and pull me back and onto the ground.

I fall hard on the sandy concrete in sobs.

I sit up trying to get to my feet again to do what I came here for, but I am smothered by a warm tight hug. 

"NO, no no no, leave me alone... please!"
I practically yell I'm between sobs and wails.

The stranger said nothing, he just held me rubbing my back with his right hand while the other held my head to his chest.

We sit together on the cold icy ground while he comforts me.

He pulls back from the hug slightly just enough to see what you could of my face in this dark night. The stranger puts his hands on my shoulders squeezing them gently.

"It's ok, your ok. listen to me."

I can't even look him in the eyes. I might have never met this man before in my life, but I'm still embarrassed. The thought of someone to see me at such a vulnerable state makes me sick.

He takes me by the chin with his pointer finger and makes me look at him. Tears build up in his eyes with one falling on the right side of his cheek.

The man had dirty blond messy hair that draped perfectly over his small forehead, freckles scattered his face like the stars in the sky.  His nose was the perfect size, but his cheeks where red and cold from the winter air.

"Here cmon let's go get you somewhere warm, is that your car parked over there?" The man says, his voice is deep and soothing. How can he be so calm and collected right now?

I turn to look in the direction of my car, look back and nod.  He pulls me up from the ground with his cold but comforting hands.  When I was up on my feet again I turn my head to look at the bridge.

"Goddamn it!" I say with anger, I keep my stare at the bridge. Even though he saved me I can't help but be mad at him.

He took away my one shot at meeting my fait.

"You ruined it! why would you do this, why would you stop me?" I questioned in a shaky but angry tone.

"Please let me do it, I'll never be happy again, just let me go. You don't even know me it won't effect you at all please!"

The man doesn't say anything but drags me away from the edge of the bridge forcing me to move my feet along with him.  I turn my stare to the ground, tears rolling off my face. 

He puts me in the passenger seat and hops in the drivers side.

"We can sit in here for awhile until you calm down a bit, then we can talk about it." The man says with concern and warmth in his voice.

I simply nod my head and put it against the foggy window.

The car falls into an comfortable silence and I feel his soft gaze upon me.

The man places his hand on mine in attempt to calm me more, I practically melt into his touch.

To think that tonight this angel will see me at my weakest point, and by the morning we will never again cross paths.

Maybe that is for the best, everything is always temporary. Right?

Word count 978

Authors note:  thank you for reading the first chapter I hoped you liked it! This is my first story so sorry if it is rough,  if you see any mistakes feel free to point them out!