Chapter 5

Clays POV

As I reach the top of the stairs in the apartment building I fiddle with my keys trying to find the one for the door, my feet land on the brown scruffy welcome mat in front of my home and I put the fitting key into the lock. The door slowly creeks open for me to see the pretty small boy head down on the kitchen counter. He lifts his head up to the sound of the door and when he sees me he fixes his posture and clears his thought.

"Hey, how was your day?" I say putting my keys on the side table near the coffee machine.

"I-it was fine, how was y-yours?" George asks with a slightly shaky tone stuttering over his words.

I can't help but notice how puffy his cheeks where and his blood shot eyes looking back at me.

"What happened are you ok George?" I spit out quickly feeling worried.

"Oh... yah I'm ok I just was feeling a little sic- but I feel so much better now don't worry about me." His plump red lips lean towards a small smile as he says this.

I start to notice his strong British accent that I hadn't been paying much attention to before.

"Alright, well want to do something today? It's very nice out, a bit chilly, but if you dress warm you will be fine!" I ask while shutting the front door and looking through the fridge.

"Uh yah sure, what do you want to do?" George answers shyly while tapping his fingers against the table.

George clearly wasn't the type of guy for a long conversation with people he isn't close with, but I can't say I've ever seen him with friends around school. maybe he has some that go to the privet school down the road?

"Hm, well there is literally no good food in this house, how about we go to the grocery store and we can stop at the coffee shop for dinner later?"

"Yah that sounds fun, do you mind if I just use your shower first?" The boy asks getting up and sliding his chair back in place.

"Go ahead, I can get you a change of clothes, hold on one minute." I say shutting the fridge and leaning towards my room.

I go to my closet looking for a smaller hoodie that would fit George, I find a black hoodie that is a bit small on me and grab a pair of grey sweatpants from my drawer. I head back into the kitchen handing the short boy cloths and showing him towards the bathroom. As he shuts the door I desire to get some homework done while I wait for him.

————

George exits the bathroom wearing the cloths I gave him looking adorable. The sweatshirt is huge on him, the sleeves are covering his hands creating sweater paws and the hoodie falls right above his knees.

"I look ridiculous." He says with a giggle, his accent much stronger now that he is fully awake.

"Georgie, you look adorable." Wait did I just say that out loud? Omg how stupid can I be.

His cheeks flush a light pink color and he plays with his hoodie string that is slightly longer then the other. I can tell he is trying not to smile but is failing miserably.

"What time do you want to go? I'm ready whenever you are." He asks trying to change the subject

"Yah hold on let me finish this last math worksheet then we can go."

I turn my focus back to my paper as he walks over next to me looking at the same problem I am. He seems to solve the problem quickly, how could he just do that so easily this is the hardest subject we've gone over all year.