Chapter 13

George's POV

I've been living with Clay for about two weeks now, Sapnap visits very often and I've met their other friends, but Clay and I have grown much closer. I haven't a seen my dad since I had left the hospital that day, and it felt amazing, I feel so free, I no longer am living in the fear of the shadow behind me.

Clay has been letting me sleep in his bed while he sleeps on a mattress laying on the floor, I've tried to let him sleep in his bed and telling him that Id be fine on the ground, but he insists. I've felt much better the past view days and am doing a lot more now.

————

As I lie on the couch watching a crappy TV show that was on Clay hops over the back of the couch sitting next to me, it was about 6:30 pm but Clay and I were still full of energy.
His arms rest on the back of the couch and he looks over to me.

"I'm taking you somewhere in 10 so go put something warm on." He says while pushing me off the couch so I can get ready. I had all my cloths here at this point so I was no longer living in his over sized hoodies.

"Where are we going? Isn't it too late?" I ask confused on how his parents would let him leave so late.

"That's a secret, and also my parents are asleep they'll never know we where gone."

I walk over to his room grabbing a light blue hoodie and black sweats, what I usually wear. When I'm done changing I walk out the room to see Clay leaning against the front door with blankets and a bag in his arms. He had black ripped jeans on and a grey hoodie. As we exit the door we make our way to the apartment stairs but instead of going down he walks up the stairs. I trail beside him confused.

"What are we doing Clay?" I say watching his lips turn into a slight smirk.

He doesn't say anything but interlocks our fingers and he walks faster up the steps dragging me behind. We reach the top and he opens a door revealing the roof of the building. It was beautiful, you could see the whole town from here and the sun was just setting. I could feel his warm soft hand holding mine, and could see his cold breath fogging in the air.

Clay walks over to the end of the building sitting down with me following, he releases my hand and I suddenly feel a bit more empty. His cold red hands grab the small blanket from beside him wrapping it around us both, and before I knew it my head rested soon his shoulder and his arm is hung around my waist.

We look into the sun shaking slightly from the cold and he reaches for the bag beside him. He grabs a small box from inside revealing what was in it. There was a pair of small black sunglasses with red lenses, I stare at him and the box confused.

"It's not that bright out, why'd you bring sunglasses?"

He removes them from the box placing them over my eyes, there was something different. I look around and the whole world is different, I see beautiful colors spilling across the sky, there where shades of orange and red blended over the sun as it set behind the town.

"I told you one day we'd see it all the same." He says scooting his body closer to mine.

My hand slowly goes over my mouth and I let out a small scoff still staring at the sky until his finger brings my head towards his. I see his eyes are a pretty emerald color and his hair look slightly blonder, I never though he could get any more better looking until I could see him truly.

My lips form into a smile and so do his, we lean closer his hand creeping back to my waist, before I knew it our lips were connected, I feel as if the world is spinning around me, I feel like I could fly away right now, but why would I when I have him with me.

As we pull back from the short kiss that felt like minutes, he brings my head onto his chest laying down. The sky had faded into darkness and small stars scatter above us, Clays hand brushes through my hair as we lay in beautiful silence, I feel my self drifting off into a peaceful sleep without an effort to fight it.

Word count: 821

Authors note: sorry this is kinds of a short chapter!  I also will probably be uploading less often now because I have a lot of things going on with school and stuff.