Chapter 6

TW: abuse, blood, and alcohol

George's POV

As I take the turn into clay apartment parking lot I release that my dad is going to wonder why I just disappeared for the night. As clay is unplugging his phone from the aux to get out, I hit my head against the steering wheel leaning my body into a slump.

"What's wrong?" Clay says taking his hand away from the door handle

"I have to get home, my dad will be pissed that I didn't come home last night." I say opening my eyes tilting my head so I can see Clay.

"Alright that makes sense, here put your number into my phone so we can hang out again, this was fun." He said with a little laugh handing me his phone.

I take his phone and look at the black screen then him.

"Password idiot." I say with a smile.

He looks down from my face and takes the phone back. His cheeks flush red as he hold back a smile. He types the password in and scrolls over to contacts.

"Alright here you go."

I type in my number and he get out of the car. I watch him walk up to the main door and he gives me a wave walking into the apartment building. It was so quiet and I was just stuck with me and my thoughts.

Putting the car in reverse and driving out of the lot I hit my hand against the the steering wheel thinking about how mad my dad is going to be. Just sneaking out and being gone the whole next day, he's gonna kill me.

————

My car pulls into the driveway of the one story yellow house, it was hard to tell the color because of the dirt painted all over. I see the living room light on, so he is either passed out drunk and I can sneak by, or he's waiting for me with a beer in hand.

I quietly hop out of the car closings the door behind me. I make my way to the front entrance we're I stick my keys in and creak the door open. My shoes fling off my feet and I pop my head around the corner. He's sat waiting in his big leather chair watching tv with a pissed off expression on his face, oh and I called it a beer bottle in hand.

I tiptoe through the kitchen trying to sneak to my room. But just as I thought, his head whips around and we make eye contact. This was going to be a rough night.

"Boy, where the hell have you been?  It's eleven at night and I haven't seen your annoying ass in days!" He shouts out swinging his bottle around in the air.

"Sorry sir I-" I was cut of my him stomping over to me and grabbing me by the shoulder

" You know the damn rules, your home by 9 every night! Where in the hell were you anyways it's not like you have friends no more, and I don't want to hear anymore bullshit excuses of yours!"

He drops the bottle to the ground shattering it right before his hand goes back into the air making straight contact with my face knocking me hard to the ground. He stands above me crouching down to go for another hit. I curl up into a ball preparing for what's next. He hits me hard again and again till I'm out cold.

————

I wake up from my phone buzzing, I look around to realize I'm in the middle of my kitchen floor. My head is pounding but not anything like a headache. It smells like a dead animal and alcohol in the house. I sigh getting up from the cold wooden floor feeling dizzy, my eyes look over to the clock on the wall, 2 pm great. I walk over to the bathroom splashing my face with water, when I look up into the slightly cracked crooked mirror I see I have a black eye and dry blood is stained on my face. Then I slowly start to remember last night when I had gotten home. I lean against the wall with tears slowly falling down my cheeks I'm not sure why I'm crying though, am I just stressed? Am I sad?... or am I scared?