16

Jae,

I've wanted to see you even before I knew who you were.

My heart is swarmed with a feeling i've never experienced before. I want to meet you, it's the only wish I hold in my heart. We will, I promise.

I'll figure something out, while i'm writing this you're already in Korea.

Okay i'm just guessing, but something in my heart feels different. It's like this weight was lifted off, I hope i'm right. I don't know if I can be apart from you any longer.

I promise, no matter what i'll be here for you.

Then the clean, uniform writing stops. There was no, 'Love, Chan' it just continued on in messy blue writing.

I just heard the news.

I'm sorry I couldn't do enough to protect you from the media. It's gonna be tough now, but I meant what I said.

Even with all sasaengs, managers, and reporters in the world as long as we have each other we'll be fine.

I bet you've missed my cheesy lines huh?

I hope that made you smile, even a little, you have a beautiful one.

I'll see you sooner than you think.

Love, Chan.

Her fingers glide over the edge of the paper and she runs her fingers through the bumps on the handwritten note. It had been written at 2 different times. One half of the page was clean and used black ink, while the other was messy using baby blue ink.

It didn't matter though, the anxiety of her soulmate not wanting to see her was gone.

"Sooner than I think?" Jae asks looking over to Bambam who handed her the letter as soon as she stepped foot in the JYP building.

"I'm sworn to secrecy for now." he smiles widely. "You'll see, just don't think too much about it."

They walk into one of the practice rooms and see Mark, Jinyoung, and Jaebeom sitting on the floor together. Upon seeing her, Mark stands up and walks over to them.

Jae's heart almost broke in half seeing the dishelved boy's appearance. Dark eye bags accompanied his messy hair, his clothes were wrinkled and it seemed like his eyebrows were permanently furrowed.

"How are you?" he asks enveloping her into a hug.

"You need to take care of yourself Mark." Jae lectures hugging his waist. "You can't stress yourself so much over this."

Mark sighs wrapping his arms around Jae and resting his chin atop her head.

"I will, now how are you?" he looks down at her with worried eyes.

She tries to gather up her feelings the past 24 hours into one sentence, but she can't.

"I'm fine, Stray Kids have been very kind to me." she assures him. "How's Jinyoung, has he been getting any hate as well?" she sneaks a peak at an almost as equally disheveled Jinyoung and Jaebeom.

Mark raises his brow as what Jae says finally sinks in to both of them.

"You've seen your social media?" his voice was soft, fearing that speaking too loud might break her like it's breaking him.

Jae smiles as best she could.

"It's the opinion of strangers who know nothing about me, i'll be okay." she was trying to convince herself as much as she was trying to convince Mark. "I have you, and the rest of Got7. That's all I need."