2

To say that i've been living inside of my mailbox the past week would be an understatement. I've been going out to check every 5 minutes, everytime a car drives by I run outside, i'm losing my mind over a letter.

I don't even know if they'll write back.

The what if's of this situation are plaguing my mind. I turn my attention away from my window and on the letters in front of me. They're not from my soulmate but still very important.

College acceptances. I've applied to every school I could think of and i'm just hoping to get accepted into one of them.

"Jae, theres mail!" my brother yells from the front door.

I sprint over and grab the letter from his hands. The return address, it's from them. I sprint back to my room and carefully open the envelope.

Thank god they understand English, i've been learning Korean since I got my mark and it's been a pain in the ass.

I look over it and mentally slap myself in the face. I didn't put my name, I wrote it dozens of times, but forgot to put my name in the final draft.

I push all the papers away from my desk and take out a sheet of paper. I've stocked up on nicer stationary exclusively for these letters.

Chan.

That's a wonderful name, the mere thought alone is enough to set free a field of butterflies in my stomach. Is that too much information? Probably.

Don't worry i'm not creeped out by you, i've basically been camped outside my mailbox the past week waiting for your letter, so if anyone were to be creeped out it would not be me.

It's crazy that I get to talk to you. I've been trying to learn Korean, I suck, but i'm still trying to learn. I joined the Korean club at my school, it's mostly just people that are obsessed with K-pop but anything that's able to teach me about some type of Korean culture i'm willing to try out. Maybe it'll help me feel closer to you despite the distance, although I know we were never truly apart.

How's that for cheesy lines huh? Luckily for you, I adore them.

I feel like there's not much to say about me. I do love music, maybe we listen to the same artists? I don't know much about the culture but I do love k-pop. Well technically only one group, but i'm biased as one of my childhood best friends is in the group. Have you ever heard of Got7? But I also really like a couple of Korean rap groups; DPR and 3racha are my absolute favorites.

As for my looks, I don't really know how to describe myself. I'm 5'2, I pretty much only dress in street wear, and I constantly dye my hair. I'm including a polaroid of me (please be kind i'm not the best looking person in the world but i'm trying).

I want to know more about you though. I've been trying to imagine what you look like, I know it's basically impossible but it still keeps me up at night. I wonder what it's like to talk to you; if you have an aussie accent, or if you're the type who tries to use slang words but fails, or even if you're the quiet type? I just want to know you.

-Your soulmate Jae<3