18

Day 5

As the boys exited the conference room with a new found confidence, they were immediately stumped upon seeing Jae.

The plan was simple:
Drop hints of Chan being her soulmate for the next 4 days.
Get Chan and Jae to spend more time together so she can figure it out quicker.
Arrange a cute reveal moment on the last day.
Happily ever after.

They hoped.

The only thing they knew would hinder their plans was Jae finding out from other members of JYP. It's not like they could hang up fliers about keeping Chan's secret around the building. They thought it would be easy to keep other people away, but as they exited the room they were greeted by Jae and Jae having a conversation.

"Why did it have to be Jae?" Chan asks out loud.

As much as he looks up to and likes Jae-hyung, if anyone were to accidentally say his secret, it would be him. He's shocked he hasn't already mentioned it in his podcast.

The group quickly rushes over to them just in time to hear the conversation they were having.

"No way, the taco trucks on Melrose are totally better than the ones on Venice."

"I will never be able to trust you after that sentence."

Jae and Jae were having a heated discussion about the best taco places in California. The two native Californians seemed comfortable with each other, and their topic eased the racing hearts of Stray Kids.

"Just because you got accepted to UCLA doesn't mean you know everything." he sarcastically states.

He looked over at Stray Kids with a knowing smile.

"You'd be surprised." Jae matches her tone to his. "Anyways, how was your meeting?" she asks turning towards Stray Kids. "I hope it was better than our discussion the past 20 minutes." she jokes making them laugh.

"Good, yeah all good things." Hyunjin smiles. "So what exactly did you talk about?"

"Tacos, In-n-Out, and podcasts." Jae happily tells them.

A collective sigh of relief was let out as Changbin and Felix dragged Jae away to a studio leaving behind the only bump in their plans.

"You guys are so weird." Jae laughs it off as Felix starts to show her some of their choreo for their upcoming comeback.

It would be smoother from now on.

Right?

-:-:-

Day 4

"Hey guys Mark's picking me up to go on walk near the Han River, so i'll be back in a bit." Jae announces to the boys who were crowding around the tv playing Mario Kart.

"Okay, be safe." they absentmindedly reply too focused on their game.

Jae walked out being greeted by Mark and Yugyeom. She hopped into the back seat enjoying the scenery until they arrived.  

Yugyeom carried the prepared picnic basket, Mark had the blankets and picnic mats, and Jae brought along her polaroids and DSLR.

As the trio were eating, drinking strawberry milk, and having a mini-photo shoot; Chan and Felix mysteriously showed up.

"Hey do you guys wanna join us?" Jae asks as the two approach them.

They weren't dressed like they were just going for a walk. The weather was freezing, and the two only had on light jackets and were obviously freezing from the cold.