17

Chan's POV

Meetings, meetings, and even more meetings.

My eyes struggle to keep open as the managers in front of us drone on and on about the "circumstances surrounding our delicate situation"- in other words, what we're gonna do about Jae.

I can't help but feel a pain in my chest whenever I think about involving Jae with my public life.

She's been the interest of so many people ever since Mark debuted. First it was that she was dating Mark, then that she was trying to use Got7 for their fame, and now the rumors of her and Jinyoung dating. She could never catch a break.

Part of me feels guilty for having to put my soulmate in this position. She could've led the normal life she wanted, but now she's in this mess, and she doesn't even know it yet.

I want to tell her, I just have no clue how. I keep thinking of the worst possibilities that could happen.

What if i'm not what she expected? What if her feelings about me change when she knows the truth? The questions that haunt my mind were becoming more and more daunting as time goes on. It keeps me up at night wondering "will everything be okay?"

I know the boys are being affected by this situation too.

If news gets out that I found my soulmate everything could change. Sales, music show invitations, our careers would be put at risk.

The decision is easy for me, i'd risk everything in the world for Jae, but I can't decide for the rest of the boys. It's up to them to make that decision, and for me to support them no matter what.

The managers continue their speech about what the plan is. 

Almost all 15 of their plans are the exact same concept.

1) Hide me having a soulmate for as long as possible.
2) If it gets leaked we release a statement confirming it's true and halt all activities until reactions are made.
3) If it's a good reaction we run with it, Jae asks for privacy and we do our best to make sure she gets it. I address it personally and ask for privacy on that matter as well.
4) It's a bad reaction. We halt activities for a longer period and put out a few posts to gauge fan's feelings on the situation.
5) We have long careers or, at the end of our contract, we disband.

The thought of no longer being Stray Kids sends chills down my spine. It's a reality I hope to never see happen. We've been through so much together already, I can't imagine life without them.

They're my best friends. She's my soulmate. I don't think I would be able function without all of them.

My fingers pinch the bridge of my nose as I try to absorb everything being told to me, while trying to form my own opinion. It seems impossible, theres so many things happening and I can't do it alone.

"I need her here." I finally speak up interrupting one of Got7's managers. "I can't make these decisions that are affecting my soulmate and my member's lives without their input."

"Everyone in JYP knows the truth about Jae except her, the only one keeping her in the dark is you." he bites back.

It's the truth, and it hurt like a bitch.

"I can postpone this meeting for a few days, if it's not settled by before Christmas, you can kiss any opportunity of having a say goodbye." our manager warns.

The trail of producers, managers, and assistants exit the room. Soon it's only the 8 of us left staring blankly at the table in front of us.

"Hyung, Christmas is in 5 days." Jeongin points out.

"I think he already knows." Seungmin murmurs to the younger boy elbowing his side. "You have time, and most importantly you have us. We'll figure something out."

I look up to the rest of the members, their faces all match a look of determination and confidence. It's the "we got this" attitude they always seem to have when hope doesn't seem like it's in grasp.

"You've been taking care of us for years now, we're not gonna leave you behind." Felix promises. (*just remembering the survival show and now i'm crying*)

I don't know how I got so lucky to have so many amazing people in my life. I could live 1000 lives, and it still wouldn't be enough to repay what the universe has given me.

My members, my soulmate, my life. The pieces are starting to fit together.

"Alright, here's the plan."

-:-:-:-

Lowkey another short chapter:/

I swear next chapters gonna be longer, but this is kinda cute

But thank you soooo much for 3k reads!!! also #1 in bangchan!!!!! i'm screamingggg

hope you guys have a good day:)