Chapter Twenty

Fun fact: Damien is obsessed with hot cheetos.
Luca is obsessed with snickers.
Ace is obsessed with Doritos and mini m&m's.

Stell 
(9 months later)

"Are you ready Stell?" Ace asks as he walks into the living room with his luggage dragging behind him. He abandons his luggage somewhere behind the couch across from me and comes to stand in front of me. I look up at him for a moment, weighing my options.

Was I ready?

Today is what I've been training for. After a year of target practice, boxing matches, and developing strategic plans I was finally ready to do an assassination attempt. Today was my day to prove to myself that everything I've worked hard for this past year is worth all the blood loss and all the tears of frustration.

I was definitely ready.

I stand up from my seat on the couch and dust the invisible dust I've collected, "I've been ready for forever." I could hear my own confidence in my voice and widened my smile.

Ace's eyes scanned over my expression and body language, getting a quick read on me before he responded. His eyes shone with pride as he realized that I wasn't pretending to be prepared or confident in my skills. His smile was one that made my heart race and my breath get stuck in the back of my throat. 

He reaches out for me and pulls me closer to him. My chest meets his and he plants a thousand gentle kisses all over my face. I squeeze my eyes shut as I giggle due to the slight tickle the kisses give me, my labored breathing from laughing so hard making me inhale his cologne deeply. I didn't know the name of this specific one, but I know I love it when he wears this one.

"You're gonna do amazing out there." Ace whispers in my ear once he's done. Hearing his voice so close to me and feeling his breath against my ear makes me blush scarlet red. His breath smells so minty and I could smell the cake batter chapstick he recently put on. One of my favorite flavors that he stole from my collection of chapsticks.

"C'mon I bet they're waiting for us" I whisper, opening my eyes to look at him.

He was staring at me, very intensely, as if he was trying to press the image of me into his mind forever.

"Our chariot awaits m'lady," He says in a faux old English gentleman accent. He outstretches his hand for me to take and I giggle as I place my hand in his. He leads me to the front door and lets me walk out before him. I stop so he could lock the door behind us.

When we reach our friends that were waiting in the driveway they all looked bored out of their minds.

Sage and Damien were laying on Damien's new mustang he got for his birthday. Sage was passed out on the hood of the car, her hair smooshed down against the windshield. Damien was on top of the roof of the car, half-asleep mumbling to himself.

Novah and Luca were leaning against Novah's car, her baby the Audi A7, playing rock paper scissors. I could tell Novah was winning by the frustrated look on Luca's face. He hated losing.

Ace and I gave each other a look, silently asking each other the same question. We nodded once in agreement and walked towards Ace's car. He had recently gotten a new all-black Camaro that I don't know the model or year of. I kinda always dissociate when he talks about cars.