Chapter Nine

Stella

It's been four days since I was kidnapped and I was overwhelmed with curiosity. Why was I here? Why did they choose me? I haven't brought the topic up because I wanted to gain trust. They'd be more inclined to answer questions if they think I'm someone they can trust. But I've begun to realize it'll take a lot longer than a couple of days to gain their trust... So that leads me to what I'm doing right now; Looking for Ace's office.

I've been observing the boys since the moment they snatched me off the sidewalk. They all seem like best friends with strong attachments and trust between them. Luca presents himself as emotionless and he stands to the side impassively on most discussions. However, when he thinks the girls and I aren't looking, he'll crack jokes and smile carelessly. He's very dependent on the foundation of trust and only Ace and Damien get to see that carefree side of him.

Damien is goofy and outgoing. He expresses his emotions without any holdbacks. However, when the boys are talking amongst themselves he gets this look in his eyes. A sadistic gleam that matches the malicious grin that he hides beneath a friendly one. His mask is well worn and as far as I can tell he genuinely is a happy guy. But whatever makes his eyes shine like that is what truly makes him dangerous.

Ace holds an impression of dominance. He runs the show and everyone bows down to him. Damien and Luca although both are very dominant with demanding attitudes, they follow Ace's every order with no hesitation. Despite their teasing, they're careful not to over-step and always show their respect for Ace. Ace definitely lets them get away with more because they hold a family-like bond.

I've seen how Ace acts with Maxxer and it's a totally different story. Maxxer fears Ace whereas Luca and Damien respect his authority. They know they're all alpha's but Ace is in a position higher than them.

The respect and friendship they have are stronger than any feeble-minded argument.

I notice a pair of double black doors at the end of the hallway I was walking down and hesitantly make my way towards them. Once I reach the tall doors I knock to announce my presence before pushing open the doors. I step into the room and a burst of warm air slaps me across the face.

I find Ace sitting at his dark wooden desk, his eyebrows furrowed as he stares at his computer screen. His desk surface was organized and de-cluttered. Behind Ace stood a beautiful bay window that filled the room with natural light. The setting sun made the glow warm yet a little dim but Ace didn't seem to notice or care. I take my time making my way deeper into the room in order to look around.

The walls were painted a light grey color. The two side walls had built-in bookcases that covered the whole wall. Tons of books and picture frames filled the shelves proudly gleaming under the sun's light.
I make my way towards the right wall, my curiosity distracting me from the reason I came to this room in the first place.

I notice many picture frames held pictures of Ace with Damien and Luca. Others included a woman who I'm assuming is Ace's mum due to the uncanny resemblance. In one picture the woman had her arm wrapped tightly around a startled Ace. In another picture, She was hugging Luca and Damien while the three of them laughed at something that happened moments before the picture was taken. One of my favorites was one of Ace and Luca making duck lips while Damien looked like he pissed his pants. I laugh softly at their expressions before slowly pulling away from the shelf.

I finally flop down into a leather chair that was placed in front of Ace's desk with a loud sigh. "What's up?"

Ace looks up from his computer and nods at me in acknowledgment before going back to focusing on the screen. I raise an unimpressed eyebrow at him before crossing my legs to get comfortable in my chair. "I have a question," I announce as I lean back in my chair to show my nonchalance.