Chapter Twelve

Stella

I got a few hours of blissful sleep before I woke up to a loud screech. My eyes snap open and before I knew it my body was hurdling towards the living room. That sounded like Sage, what the fuck is happening? It was still early morning and the sun wasn't out yet.
I reach the living room, my eyes frantically searching for any sign of danger.

Instead, I found Sage glaring at a slumped over Novah with horror and absolute hatred clouding her features.

Novah was sprawled out on the couch, her arms wrapped protectively over her head as she groaned.

"My bloody shoes!" Sage screeches again, frantically pointing at the shoes beside the coffee table.

Confused I walk closer to where she was pointing and leaned down to take a look. Pink throw up covered Sage's shoes entirely. Not an inch was saved from Novah's vomit. I bite the inside of my cheek to control my laughter, however, my eyes still crinkled in amusement. Bet Novah regretted drinking when she got here now.

"Stupid bitch ruined my shoes!" Sage yelled anger pulled her lips into a tight sneer as she lunged at Novah.

I let out a startled gasp at the sudden attack and watch from the sideline as Sage yanks a pillow into her hands and starts mercilessly beating Novah with it.

"Get off you whore!" Novah groans, trying to push Sage off her with no success.

"SHUT UP" Sage roars, hitting even harder.

Novah starts swinging and they continue to throw cruses and punches at each other before I start to pry Sage off Novah.

I grab her from under her armpits and start pulling, using all my weight to get her off the couch.

"That's enough you two!" I growl, my voice strained from my efforts.

"I'm not finished with her yet" Sage huffs, scrambling to get out of my hold.

"Too fucking bad" I snapped, shoving her into the love seat next to the end of the couch. She tries to get up but I jump on her lap before she could. She gasps and tries to push me off but I don't budge.

"I'm not getting off you until you promise to leave Novah alone until you can properly get payback."

Sage crosses her arms over her chest as she stares at me in disbelief. She was still angry and the way her eyes narrowed at Novah who sat behind me proved it.

"Fine, now get off me."

I get off of her quickly, knowing she hated being touched. Sage grumbles under her breath and I don't care to listen. I leave the living room, rubbing my eyes as I do. Fuck I'm so tired.

I shut my bedroom door behind me before drowsily marching over to my comfortable bed. I climb in and pull the warm covers up to beneath my chin. Warmth swarms around my cold body and I instantly fall back to sleep.

••••

My amazing dream where I was staring at the absolutely gorgeous Chris Hemsworth was interrupted by someone jumping on me. I jolted awake with a gasp as the air gets partially knocked out of me. I groan in pain as Sage shoves her annoying face in my line of sight.

"Get off me" I mumble, pushing her away from me as best as my tired limbs could.

Sage rolls her eyes dramatically before climbing off my bed. I nod my head in approval before shutting my eyes. Maybe I can go back to that delicious dream.