Chapter Eight

Stella

"I'm exhausted" Damien groans as soon as he slumps down into the seat across from me.

I shrugged my shoulders and continued to slurp on my cherry flavored slushy. I made sure the icy goodness was fully gulped down before responding.

"It's what you get for taking three shopaholic girls to the mall with stacks to waste," I tell him, my voice childlike.

Damien shakes his head in disbelief, "I didn't think it was even possible for one person to shop as much as Sage does." Sage remains silent beside him, taking in the scene of the mall around her before tapping away on the phone Damien bought her. A special tool that we'll use later.

A laugh bubbles up from my chest, irrupting the hushed tone we've both adopted into our conversation. "You should see Novah shopping, I'm sure Luca is about ready to collapse by now."

Damien nods his head slightly, as if slightly unsure of what I said until his eyes catch sight of something behind me. "Holy cow" he whispers, his voice pitched with disbelief.

I whip around and find Novah and Luca walking towards us with a thousand bags on each of their arms. Novah had a proud smile planted on her glossy lips while Luca looked impassive as usual.
I quickly stand up from my metal chair and rush over to them. I grab a few bags from Novah's left arm to help lighten the load.

"Holy cheese balls" I gasp in surprise at the weight of the bags. Said bags nearly dragged me to the dirty floor.

"There were a lot of really good sales today and we couldn't resist!" Novah defends herself. Luca gives a nod of agreement and I shake my head.

"Well, Nov it appears you've finally found your shopping match," I say as I stumble towards our table. I drop the bags as soon as I reach my seat, causing Novah to glare daggers at me as she fussed over the bags.

"Be careful! There's a ton of Louis Vuitton in these bags!" Novah scolds, gathering said bags to her chest.

I just stare dumbfounded back at her, taking in the sight of her on her knees with bags upon bags of clothes on her lap as she patted them lovingly.

My first and only thought being; "Bloody hell she has a problem... meh that's all Luca's problem now."

In my peripheral vision, I notice Ace walking towards us. I look away from Novah's crazy coddling to look at him. His jaw was clenched and his eyebrows were furrowed with what I assume is anger but that didn't stop me from admiring him. I know he kidnapped me, for reasons unknown to me, but I can't deny the truth. Which is Ace is one fine ass man.

When he reaches our table he collapses lazily in the empty chair next to me. His anger all but evaporates from his face as he takes my hand in his. I watch shell shocked as he rubs his thumb over the back of my hand in absentminded circles.

"Girls again?" Damien asks, looking at Ace with sympathetic understanding.

Ace nods his head with a look of annoyance, his jaw ticking as he does.

Girls? What girls?

"Every time the boy's and I are out we get swarmed like bees to honey" Damien exasperates, taking an angry bite out of his pretzel. When did he get that? I want one.