ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ 4

3rd of June

Harry had already spent a few days at the manor, simply spending time with Draco and his family. He got to speak with Lucius, listening to his boring talks about politics and the ministry. Well, that wasn't anything of the news, he just had to nod his head, smile, and answer his questions with short, honest answers. He and Draco didn't do much so far, just mostly laze about in his room and do their own stuff. Probably because now that there was no more action, they didn't have much to do or talk about.

Draco took in a big breath of air and let it out in a heavy sigh, getting up from the bed as he went over to the window, drawing the curtains. He quickly shut his eyes as light filled the room and Harry lost focus of the spell he was practicing. "Enough sitting inside. I get it that father doesn't want us to be loud, but gee! This is boring. Let's go outside, I wanna show you around a little" Draco walked up to the lazy teen on the other side of the room, folding his arms across his chest as an urgent sign to get up. Harry slowly yet unwillingly sat up and got off the comfortable bedding, stretching a little "Alright then. Where are we going? Didn't you already show me everything during the past few years I've visited? You showed me the parks, stores, public attractions... are we just gonna walk around?"

Draco shrugged, walking out of the room with Harry. He walked with him down the many flights of stairs and threw his shoes on, the brunette doing the same. "Well, I guess. But I don't want to just walk around. I want to go places a rich man's foot won't step." He said as they walked out of the manor. Edward held the large gate open for them as the two exited the front garden and walked out onto the streets. Harry followed up close behind his friend, looking around. He often came here to hang out with Draco in the winter, but never in the summer. He had no idea the area was so beautiful at this time of the year...

"Oh? Well okay, sounds fine by me. Better than sitting inside, doing nothing." Draco nodded, sighing quietly. They walked down the streets, talking about all the little things, for the most part discussing quidditch and their subjects for next year. As they went further and further away from the mansion, everything looked the same. Expensive houses, rich people, clean everywhere. It started to get a little boring. But soon Harry noticed the buildings getting smaller. They looked more affordable, beaten up by the harsh reality of poverty. Your old casual stores started popping up and then they shifted to leftovers of collapsed buildings that were possibly centuries old. It felt like they were in a different part of the world.

A chill ran down Harry's spine as the fog started to roll in, the cracked pavement turning into a dust road with wheel trenches on the sides. Looks like a carriage would pass here often... Draco noticed the worry and concern in Harry's eyes and sighed. He took the boy by the hand and pulled the teen after him, walking down the path. "What is this place? And... W-Where are we going???" Harry asked, alarmed. He could see shadows of people hiding in the trees from the corner of his eye. But when he turned to look, they were gone. This set off all red flags in him. He held Draco's hand tighter, hurrying to keep up with him.

"My place. Which no one knows about but me." The blonde pulled Harry after him, his walking getting quicker until they were running. "Draco! Draco what the hell???" Confused and scared, Harry struggled to keep up with Draco as he was pulled after him. Draco had a death grip on the boy, no intention of letting go. The air felt thicker and it felt harder to move through. The shadows in the woods seemed to be coming out of hiding, lurking around the dead planes. "Get ready" He heard Draco shout. Confused, he tried to ask what he meant, not looking away from the figures. Then he suddenly felt a huge force on him. Like a giant wave of energy slamming into him, yet it wasn't pushing him back. It was as if it passed right through him. It gave him a sickening feeling in the gut and he felt like suffocating. He could breathe but it didn't feel like breathing. Like someone pulled a plastic bag over his head.

Then the feeling disappeared as quickly as it came and he fell on the ground from the sudden change in air density. He looked up at Draco who was standing beside him, no sign of distress on his face. "What... the hell?!" His heart was thumping in his chest so loudly he could hear it in his head. Draco smiled and pulled the brunette back on his feet, ruffling his hair "Barrier. People I choose to let in can pass through it. But they can't." He pointed at the figures who were slowly returning to the woods. "Were they... after us?" Harry's voice was more or less high pitched as he watched one of the figures back away into the woods, staring dead at him, its face hidden out of view by the shadow of the big trees.

"Yea. For some reason, they decided that this is their territory. Now they attack anyone who enters." Draco watched the figures back away before turning on his heels, walking on down the dark, dusty path. Harry felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up and a chill run down his spine. He soon went ahead and caught up with Draco, looking out for any other creatures. He then turned to the blonde and asked in a quiet voice 

"W-What.... Are they? Those figures?" He winced at the memory. Draco shrugged and calmly looked up towards the sky as if searching for the answer. "I don't know actually. All I know is they're dangerous and they can sneak into your dreams. Heard of the boogeyman? They're something like that but way, way worse. I suggest you forget about them for now, the more you think of them the more access they have to your brain." Harry nodded and swallowed the lump in his throat, following Draco deeper into the strange area.