ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ 9

Two weeks passed. Harry and Draco had been avoiding the topic completely. They talked from time to time, but both guys just tried to enjoy summer on their own. Draco was a bit antisocial when it came to people living around him, so he just stuck to himself while Harry built some connections with the people living in the neighborhood. He'd go to the lake with a couple of guys and he'd enjoy the surroundings on his own. 

Draco would do what he usually did every summer which was sit in his room and read. Sure, he may have bullied some people back at school for being bookworms and acted like he didn't have a care in the world for books, but he really enjoyed reading dark arts books just for fun. He'd practice some spells, just passing time. He did go out sometimes but not very often. The parents didn't really care about Draco or his interests so seeing that the guys weren't doing so well among each other didn't bother them a single bit because that meant more peace and quiet in the house.

The only time Draco and Harry really ever saw each other was during mealtime, in the mornings and evenings, and when they'd accidentally cross paths on a walk outside. Don't get me wrong, they did talk. They socialized. But not too much, because Harry was intimidated and Draco's head was too far up his own ass to apologize.

Eventually though, one day on a walk, their paths crossed again. It was a hot evening. Despite the setting sun, the air was still difficult to breathe. There were crickets chiming somewhere in the patches of the tall, dry grass that grew in between the rocks. The trees weren't rustling as there was little to no wind. Not even a breeze. The dirt beneath their feet was coarse and dry, creating soft scraping sounds they walked. Coming around at an intersection, they stopped. Harry faced Draco who'd come out around the other side of the large house. After some standing still and staring, Together they turned onto a joined path.

It was as if they both agreed that it was about time they had a talk. They walked on somewhere. They didn't know where. But, they just walked. It was silent for a while, everything besides the scraping of shoes over the uneven dirt path. They were hoping to say something to each other but neither looked ready to speak, both still formulating what they were going to say. As they walked on they'd reached a ledge and sat on it. It wasn't a big one, if your knees were strong enough you could jump it and continue further down a hill. But that ledge was enough for them. Harry picked up a blade of dry grass and put it in his mouth, starting to chew on it as he pulled apart the tight-knit fibers apart with his teeth

"So.... did I hurt you that bad?" Draco asked, looking over at Harry. The brunette's emerald eyes just scanned the field below them, moving further and further down to avoid looking up at Draco. He just didn't want to. Draco shifted his position, turning his body a bit to face the guy"Harry did I, or did I not?"

Harry's eyes found their way back up at the sky, where he noticed some dark clouds coming up from behind a mountain. It was silent for a bit before he sighed, and decided to speak. "Draco...... you..... should really watch what you say, you know. You can lose people like that" Draco couldn't help but get a bit defensive again. "What did I say that got you so butt-hurt that you didn't talk to me for the 2 fucking weeks?" 

Harry Tensed up a bit. "You called me a tease and said that I was leading you on and everything was my fault that you didn't get to have the fun you thought we were going to have.  You had expectations, I didn't meet them, and I actually started to work backward... And instead of hearing me... understanding me... just because you happened to be the guy who I was doing stuff with when I realized that I didn't like certain things, you took it too close to heart. YOU got butt-hurt about it, and YOU didn't put any effort into talking to me either. If it was such a big problem for you that I didn't talk to you you should've done something because from what I can tell, you were just being stubborn and I genuinely didn't enjoy your company."