Section 6 (new)

The following day seemed like any other the boys were gearing up for a game of quidditch. Snape was giving them a pep talk about not making their whole house look like idiots when McGonagall burst in waving a note. "Severus."

"I am sure I don't need to ask why you are interrupting?" Snape replies coldly.

"The match is cancelled." She says making her way over. "There has been another attack." She whispers.

"Who did the beast get this time?" Snape questions.

"Spiritwalker..." she mumbles. Harry and Draco could just barely hear her.

Draco turned pale. "But... I thought it only attacked mudbloods?" He thought she would be safe from the monster he never thought the beast would attack a pure blood.

The other slytherin students head back inside complaining about not getting to show off after they had practiced so hard.

Harry steps up to the chattering professors. "I'm sorry did you say, spiritwalker was attacked? As in our sort of friend faith spiritwalker?"

She looks nervously at snape. "What do I say?"

Snape turns to the boys. "Your friend has been petrified. Like the other students she can be cured."

"But I thought she was a pure blood." Draco says. "The monster only attacks mudbloods right?"

The two professors exchange a look of nervousness and then they both turn and speed walk toward Dumbledore's office.

Harry and Draco head to the hospital wing to see if it is true. When they arrive they find the nurse tending to a student who seems to have fallen down the stairs.

"Excuse me ma'am." Harry asks.

The nurse looks up. "Oh. Can I help you boys?"

"Our friend might have been attacked last night." Harry says.

"Ohhh." She frowns. "Over there." She points to a drawn curtain.

Harry and Draco pull back the curtain and it's justin looking terrified.

"Wrong bed." Harry says shutting the curtain.

"Sorry the one next to it." Pomfrey corrects.

"Alright." They switch to the next bed and this time it is faith. She had her hands down at her side but eye wide with fear and mouth gaped open.

"She really did get attacked." Draco says quietly. "After I said all those awful things."

"You were just being honest." Harry says. "She is very rude and self centered."

"But I didn't want her to get attacked." Draco mumbles.

Snape comes in and hurriedly explains something to Pomfrey. She leaves in a hurry. Snape walks briskly over to faith and pulls out a tiny vile. He glances at the boys. "Shhh." He says taking a small droplet of blood from her using the same technique he had used on jade at the beginning of the school year. He takes the sample and leaves no trace. He says as he slips the vile into his robe.

Harry and draco exchange a worried look.

"It's odd right?" Harry asks.

"Yeah." Draco nods. "But the sample might be something he did to everyone who was attacked. Not just faith. We don't know the whole story."

"Well let's go learn the whole story then." Harry says. "Faith isn't going anywhere."

They follow Snape to his office hiding behind corners and pillars. When they reach his office they seem to have lost sight of him. They enter the office looking around and the door slams shut behind them.