Chapter 12: End

(Before this blows everyone's mind at the end here this is a quick heads up. Towards the end I reveal a bit into Jade's backstory having Draco dig up some old information. This information is fairly accurate as I just spent an hour reading wiki facts about ____ <-- can't say for spoiler reasons. I'm sure you'll understand once you reach the end but this is your warning right now.)

Neville, Ron, Harry, Draco, and Jade stand before Dumbledore in his office.

"professor we can explain." Harry begins.

"You found the chamber of Secrets." He speaks. "You've done what many people before you deemed an impossible task Mr. Potter." He looks at the rest of the students still all dirty and covered in blood. "You've all done this school a great service and tonight the five of you will be honored." He raises his hands and smiles. "I expect that the children who had been petrified will soon be alright." He glances at the sword on his desk. "curious... which one of you was able to pull the sword from the hat?" he questions.

Neville steps forward a tiny bit. "I-I did sir."

"I probably could have if we hadn't been caught in Lockhart's rock slide." Ron frowns.

"yes but luckily we were able to dig out enough that the bird could get through." Jade smiles. "so we did at least get to help a little."

Dumbledore nods and smiles a bit. "did you see the name on the sword dear boy?"

Neville shakes his head no.

Dumbledore picks the sword up and hands it back to him.

"Godric Gryffindor?" Neville says surprised then he looks up at Dumbledore. "the founder?"

Dumbledore nods. "only a true Gryffindor one of courage and honor can pull that sword out of that old hat."

Neville smiles and looks at Ron.

Draco frowns. "then does that mean... I couldn't..."

Dumbledore looks at Draco a bit surprised. "Slytherin's relic was indeed not something very useful for fighting. A locket wouldn't do you much good against a Basilisk."

Draco frowns. "then had he not been with us... we surely might have failed."

"not necessarily." Dumbledore smiles. "the houses are just guidelines. You may find you possess the qualities of multiple houses, but you can only have one Mr. Malfoy."

Harry looks at the sword. "then I might have been able to pull it from the hat sir?"

"as long as you hold courage anything is possible." Dumbledore nods.

"what is the meaning of this!?" Lucius Malfoy growls as he enters the room.

"dad!?" Draco frowns.

"Draco... Harry..." he shakes his head and faces Dumbledore. "why have you summoned me to the school? I'm very busy you know."

"children." Dumbledore nods to the door. "go along now."

They all leave quickly.

Draco stops in the hall holding the destroyed diary he hadn't put it down since his pierced it through over and over with the basilisk fang. He looks back at the door. "why is my dad here?"

"probably because he heard the chamber monster was destroyed." Ron shrugs.

"maybe he's just curious and checking on the school?" Neville suggests.

"or he's up to something." Harry frowns.

Draco hands the book to Neville while he searches his pockets for something he seems to have misplaced. "that's ridiculous Harry. My dad can't be up to anything. Where did that letter go? Oh I hope I didn't drop it in the chamber... that's so embarrassing."