Chapter 4: Who is the Target?

Harry and Draco are walking down the hall, it's a month later and so far Harry hadn't heard anything else about this so called plan. All Harry knew was he had to open some kind of door but it wasn't time yet. "Come on Potter, hurry we have to check the hallway before the body is found." Draco said picking up his pace.

"Body... what are you talking about Draco?" Harry turned the corner and saw Draco standing next to a wall with the 'chamber of secrets has been opened, enemies of the heir beware' written in blood and Filches cat hanging by her tail. "Is she dead?" Harry said, looking at the cat.

"Hum... I thought for sure that he would make the first kill a better one... I hear footsteps. Quick this way!" Draco ran and pressed up against the wall as the Slytherin and Ravenclaw houses filed into the hall, stopping to stare at the wall. Harry and Draco slipped into the Slytherin crowd and pushed their way to the front. "'Enemies of the heir beware!' You'll be next, Mudbloods!" Draco stared at Hermione (who was walking with ron and had gotten mixed in with the Ravenclaw) when he said this, not to be mean but because he just noticed she was there and couldn't help looking. Filch came bursting through the crowd of Ravenclaw's.

"Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately." Professor Dumbledore called over the crowd and everyone filled out as quickly as they had gotten there.

Harry was confused as to why all the teachers were scared of this so called chamber. Then Harry remembered that story Draco had told last year. "The heir of Slytherin has returned..." Harry said looking at Draco.

"Yes Potter, the heir alone can open the chamber." Draco comments

"You mean somebody in the castle... can open the chamber... a first year?" Harry asked.

"Nothing gets past you does it smart one." Draco said following the Slytherins back to the dorm.

The first years were scared to death sitting in a huddle by the wall staring at the door hoping that nothing would get them if they stayed together. "Harry is here! He'll protect us!!" Goblet Mcknack called and ran forward grabbing Harry's arm and pulling him over to the group.

"No stupid Draco will protect us!" AJ Seniorflame called and pulled Draco over to the group.

As the girls fought over who would better protect the group a small boy tugged on Harry and Draco sleeve they both turned and were confronted by Erised Goldman. "You'll both protect us from the chamber monster... won't you?" the first year looked up at Draco and the other kids in the group looked expectantly up at the two.

Harry and Draco shrugged. "Sure we can handle any big scary monster... you've nothing to worry about unless your mudbloods anyway." Draco said and sat down on the couch. One of the first years still looked scared and Harry guessed it was because one of his parents was muggle.

"You guys would be safer up in the dorm, in bed..." Harry said and all the students ran upstairs to hide under their blankets.

"Make sure you don't look at anything!" Draco called up as they stampeded to the dorms. "Think they heard me?" Draco asked facing the TV and flipping to the wizard news.

"I don't know probably... so how did you know that something would happen tonight Draco?"

Draco looked at Harry and then pointed at the window. Harry looked and saw spider after spider filing through a crack in the wall. "Spiders flee before it." Draco spat and continued to flip channels. "Potter cable was the worst idea you've had in a fortnight, I can't find anything to watch..." Draco huffed and threw down the remote. 

Harry picked up the remote and hit TV guide. "Better?"

Draco huffed and sat back watching the scrolling shows. "So what is it exactly that's attacking the school?" Harry sat next to Draco and watched the scrolling shows.