Chapter 5: Try Outs

Harry and Draco sat with Crabbe and Goyle at the Slytherin table that morning having a nice chat until somebody nearby mention Quidditch. Harry grabbed a piece of toast and ran down to the Quidditch pitch. He had completely forgotten that try outs were being held that morning and was nearing being late. Harry got there just in time for seeker try outs. Harry got on his broom and flew out onto the field and within a few seconds Harry had caught the fake snitch and was made seeker for the coming year. Crabbe, Goyle, and Draco showed up right afterwards. Crabbe and Goyle were made beaters and Draco a chaser. Marcus Flint, the new Quidditch captain was changing everything about the teams and boy was Elle mad that all she had been able to get this year was keeper. Marcus gave himself the spot of being another chaser. Harry wasn't sure who the other chaser was but was sure her name would come up eventually.

Marcus gathered his new team around him for a meeting. "Alright guys, so I've booked the Quidditch pitch for us to start practice... I've spent a great deal of time this summer devising a new training plan... which will include first years... so they can get good for next year's teams." Marcus said, scanning his team. "Does anyone here know any first years that can fly yet?" Marcus scanned the crowd of on looker who had gathered to watch but also some had tried out and failed. Then Erised Goldman came forward.

"I can't fly yet but I'll sure try..." The first year looked up at the fifth year captain with big shining eyes.

"Fine boy, I suppose you might be worthy, after a bit of practice... Go take that bat over there and swing it good for me..." Marcus watched him go over to the bat, a small grin crossed his face. Erised rushed over to the bat and swung as hard as he could, sending the bat flying out of his hands and straight at the crowd of gathered on lookers.

"Expelliumas!" a voice from the crowd cried as a red flash hit the bat, sending it back in the other direction. Then a small girl stepped forward and picked it up. She took the bat back over to erised and picked up the quaffle.

"I like this ball..." She proclaimed and threw it to the captain. Marcus stared at the little girl. "You girl, I suppose you want to play too?" He snickered. "So you like this ball hm? well I tell you what, if you can catch it, you can play." Marcus threw the girl a broom and jumped on his own. When they were both in the air Marcus grinned. "So what, You can fly. it takes a lot more than that to play Quidditch. See if you can get a goal before me." Marcus shouted and took off toward the hoops. The girl gained quickly, harry wasn't sure where all her speed came from. She hit the ball from his grasp, diving down to retrieve it. She took off toward the hoop in the other direction and threw the ball. "Not bad girl. What's your name?" Marcus flew in beside her.

"Jade sir... Jade Firegem..." She looked down at the crowd of on lookers, noticing Erised staring at her and she couldn't help but blush.

"Not bad Jade, you've made the first year team as a chaser... in fact you did so well how bout you be their captain." They both touched the ground and of course Goblet and Aj came running out of the crowd screaming and demanding to be put on the first year team. They became the two other chasers that would learn to handle making points.

"You have a good arm Erised, but you need to work on your grip." Marcus was now having a chat with Erised Goldman. This whole first year team thing really made Harry wonder. Why was Marcus doing this then suddenly it hit him... 'He's going to have us use them as target practice!' Harry didn't want to hurt first year slytherins. He only wanted to hurt Gryffindor's but that was only if they started a fight.

"Our house is supposed to be like our family here at Hogwarts... not our punching bags!" Harry shouted, glaring at Marcus. "Silence Potter, and do not question my methods. Besides, you want to win don't you... what are a few first years in the hospital wing going to hurt for the sake of achievement." Marcus spat then looked back at this new team he had fixed together. "You first years will be here EVERY PRACTICE! No acceptations... got it..." The first years all nodded and were dismissed.

Harry Potter: Harry Slytherin 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें