Chapter 1: House Elves

Harry woke up feeling something tug on the blanket. He turned over in bed with an annoyed grumble hoping for a few more moments of sleep before he had to go. "No Draco, stop. I don't want to go yet." harry mumbled and then rolled over.

"But Harry must get up sir, you must get up and talk to master about the... Dobby can't say sir... but Harry Potter must go down stairs..." Dobby the house elf squeaked.

"Dobby? What are you doing in here I'm not properly dressed! Do you want to see my night clothes!?" Harry shouted, throwing his blanket over the elf's head. The reason for the freak out was harry just couldn't sleep with a shirt on so at this time he wasn't wearing one.

"Sorry Mr. Potter sir... Dobby was told by his master to fetch you." Dobby squeaked then ran out of the room the blanket still on his head.

"Sorry Dobby, please come back. I didn't mean to shout, you just startled me is all." Harry said pulling on a pair of sweatpants that Draco had loaned him.

"Sorry mister Potter, Dobby is most aggrieved sir. Dobby only does what his master commands, or Dobby will have to be beaten sir." Dobby handed Harry a t-shirt from the closet. "Master Draco looked good in this but he stopped wearing it a long time ago I am sure he wouldn't mind if you wore it sir."

Harry nodded and slipped on the shirt. Harry had been with the Malfoys for the entire summer. He had so much fun hanging out with Draco, Crabbe, and Goyal. he was very disappointed that school would soon be starting, but he was excited to be going back once more.

Draco was waiting for Harry down stairs and when he saw Harry, he yelled "Potter want to go play find the death eater in the graveyard?"

"No Draco, I'm hungry and plus we need to pack school term will be starting soon. Also I will have to get a new owl, mine never returned from my last letter to aunt Petunia and uncle Vernon. I would not be surprised if they killed it." Harry said. Harry's aunt and uncle had been avoiding him whenever they could because they thought he was on the dark side of magic, even as muggles they knew that was bad. However, Harry was just Harry, even if they avoided him like the plague.

"Fine Potter, have it your way." Draco replied sourly, then went up to his room to find his trunk. It wasn't that it was lost just that he couldn't seem to find it in his mess of a room.

"Ah, Mister Potter..." Lucius Malfoy, Draco's father, said. "I have something to ask you boy." He places his hand on Harry's shoulder. "It's a test boy. To make sure the dark lord can trust you. after what happened last year. He's decided it best you not have a mark right now as people at school might see it. I have this book." he pulled out a black leather book from his pocket and hands it to Harry. "It is very important that this book be given to the first year Weasley girl."

"Why the Weasley girl, Mr. Malfoy?" Harry asked.

"DON'T INTERRUPT ME! You will make sure she gets it won't you?" Lucius looked at Harry with a scolding irritated stare.

"Of course sir. I will see to it. When we are going to go get this year's books?" Harry said trying to change the subject.

"I've already put this year's books in your trunk Mr. Potter." Malfoy said then turned to puff on his pipe in the chair, and Harry was dismissed. Harry pulled out his trunk and started pulling together all his things. "Dobby why do you always have to stare at me?" Harry glanced at the elf that was hiding behind the door.

"DOBBY!!" Draco called and Dobby ran out the door to serve Draco.

Harry began folding his robes so that everything would fit when he heard the house elf cry out. "Oww. I'm sorry master. ooowwww. it won't happen again Dobby assures you sir."