Chapter 11: Secrets of the Chamber of Secrets

Harry woke up suddenly and looked around the common room. "I fell asleep while looking for the diary." He groans and sits up properly. 'I hope nobody saw me sleeping here.' He glances at the steps and then looks at the time. "still an hour before breakfast... that's good then nobody is awake yet." He gathers his things quickly and runs upstairs and jumps into bed. The second he does other people begin to stir and he pretends to be asleep so they don't ask him why he is awake. Other students file down into the common room to begin the day while Harry waits for Draco to wake up.

Draco grumbles a bit and rolls over.

Harry then stretches out to crack his back then fakes a yawn.

Draco sits up and looks at Harry. "you awake?" he questions.

"I guess." Harry sighs.

"you still didn't find it hu?" Draco frowns. "I thought for sure you'd just dropped it again."

Harry sits up. "no I'm pretty sure somebody took it."

"but who would do something like that?" Draco frowns. "only Slytherin can get into the common room right? I don't think anybody would steal from you."

"that isn't true Malfoy." Harry shakes his head. "anyone who knows the password can get in the common room. Like a professor or another student."

"you don't think a Professor stole it?" Draco suggests.

"I wouldn't know." Harry frowns. "maybe Hagrid took it to cover up what I saw."

"your daft Potter." Draco frowns. "One, how would Hagrid get his big fat ass in here and then back out that fast. Two, How would he have known that you found out?"

"your right Malfoy." Harry says puzzling. "unless the diary was his he wouldn't have..." Harry's eyes widen. "the diary belongs to Tom Riddle... maybe Tom took it back?"

"but I thought you said the diary said he was real but isn't alive anymore?" Draco pouts. "this is beginning to make less and less since."

"I saw a memory for Tom's past... the girl that died in the bathroom... what if she never left the bathroom."

"what?" Draco raises an eyebrow.

"Myrtle." Harry nods. "let's go talk to Myrtle."

"The ghost in the girl's bathroom?" Draco questions. "Why Potter?"

"Myrtle is attached to the bathroom. Think about it you never see here anywhere else. I think she died in there." Harry replies.

"you think the dead girl you saw in the memory was Myrtle?" Draco questions. "why?"

"Because Malfoy, think about it, a girl in the past dies in the bathroom and Myrtle is dead and she's in the bathroom." Harry stands up. "come on."

Draco shrugs and changes into a dress robe. "alright I'll humor you this time Potter. Let's go then."

As they are walking Jade joins them. "You guys look so serious." She muses. "you planning on going on an adventure without me?"

"of course not." Draco smirks. "Your always invited. We're just going to the bathroom."

"oh..." Jade blushes a little. "why?"

"see Myrtle." Harry replies.

"oh!?" Jade stares at him shocked. "why?"

"to ask her how she died." Harry replies.

"Harry has a theory about the chamber. He thinks the monster might have killed Myrtle 50 years ago. The last time the chamber was opened. I had heard that last time the Chamber opened a mud blood died, but that isn't really any of our concern."