Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2: Pᴇʀsɪsᴛᴇɴᴛ

He just woke up and the first thing that came to his mind is you. He swore under his breath as he grabbed his phone and walked out of the house to distract himself.

"I just fucking met her yesterday, why the hell won't she leave my mind"

"Maybe because you like her" Hikaru appeared beside him, making him startled.

"Stop popping out of nowhere, and I don't like her." He assured, not even realizing that he was lying to himself.

"Oh yeah? then what's this 'why won't she leave my mind' thing huh?" His friend mimic his voice as if he was mocking him. Suna didn't respond, instead, he plugged in his airpods and walked away.

-

You're walking down the hallway with Kaiya clutched in your arms. "Please help me study for my make-up exams." Kaiya pleaded, "I told you, I'll be busy this weekend." You answered for who knows how many times. "What could possibly be so important than helping me study?"

"Well, Keiji and I are planning to visit the new cafe that has recently opened."

"When will I ever have a relationship just like you two?" She pouted.

"Mhm, maybe if you stop being a crackhead then I guess you could find a decent guy"

-

"Suna, you need to improve your grades or else you won't be able to come with us to the next tournament." Suna let out a yawn, not paying attention to Kita. "Oi Suna, I know you hate studying as much as I do but girls hate dumb guys." Atsumu beamed, eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Maybe that's why girls hate you" He continued to scroll on his phone. 

"I ain't dumb! plus, girls love me" The setter says with confidence.

"If your grades won't improve until the day before the tournament, I may have to kick you out of this team." The captain's statement caught the attention of everyone.

"Isn't that a bit too much?" Osamu joined in the conversation, hearing the statement of their captain. "Wait! I have a friend who could help you study." Atsumu spoke.

"If you're referring to her, you could have a hard time persuading her," Osamu said, narrowing his brows and looking at his twin.

"We'll never know unless we try" Atsumu responded.

"No" Suna spoke.

"But-"

"I'm not a fucking child who needs a tutor." Suna retorted at first, but after feeling Kita's intense glare, he eventually accepted.

-

"Do you even know where to find her?"

"Of course!" Atsumu responded, still unable to find the person he was referring to.

His gaze suddenly landed on a certain girl who was strolling down the corridor at the time. "There she is!" Atsumu exclaimed, pointing at you. Suna, on the other hand, was surprised by the fact that you're attending the same school as him.

"L/n!" You saw Atsumu running towards you, "Miya? and.....Suna?"

Suna simply waved at you, "I'm assuming you need something from me." You said right off the bat. Atsumu knew you were not in the mood for accepting favors so he made a little chat before asking.

"You look pretty as always."

"Miya, your charm doesn't work on me, and if you want something from me, then I'm guessing you already know the answer?" Atsumu was well aware that you would decline, but he is powerless to alter your decision.

"How about I'll buy you lunch for a week, just help h-"

"I can afford my own lunch." Atsumu nearly gave up until Suna bowed down, "Please help me pass my midterm exams."

"Bowing down is pointless, please ask someone else."

Suna's patience was certainly wearing thin. He never thought you were this hard to pursue.

You walked away, leaving them with a defeated expression.

"I forgot to mention that she's a little...you know-"

"Arrogant"

"Knowing y/n, we can make her agree if we challenge her into something. I remembered a guy that challenged her into a debate in exchange for a date. The guy lost tho so she made him clean up the boy's restroom" Suna gave him a confused look, "What do you have in mind?" Atsumu smiled mischievously, as he already has a plan in mind.

-

Class has been dismissed and you were planning to drop by the bookstore, so you went to your locker to put back your things when a paper fell out.

' I challenge you to a spicy eating contest, if I win I'll never bother you again, but if you lose then you have no other choice but to help me study.. if you're planning to ignore this message then expect me to annoy you until the end of the semester - Suna <3 '

"what the hell?!" You threw the paper in the trash and walked to the school gate, where you spotted the person who had set up that stupid challenge.

"You ready to go?" Suna asked while leaning at the school gate, "I'm not doing this dumb challenge of yours, so if you excuse me I still have some places to go" You were about to walk past him when he grabbed your wrist and pulled you closer.

"Are you scared of losing to someone like me?"

"It's not li-"

"What a coward." Suna had a sadistic smile on his face as he watched you struggle with your thoughts.

'this jerk is getting on my nerves'

"What's with the silence? Are you admitting that you're a coward?"

"A coward? Don't make me laugh; I'm simply declining your silly challenge because only idiots take it, but if you keep calling me a coward, I might as well show you how wrong you are." Suna's smile grew more.

"Shall we go then? I know a restaurant that serves spicy foods that even one bite would make you cry."

"Then take me there."

If you're being honest, you were not fond of spicy foods.