ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16: ꜱᴜʀᴘʀɪꜱᴇ

"Akaashi hooked up with someone" you heard him say.

At this point, your heart started to beat faster as you cannot comprehend what he said. In fact, you can't even form the right words to say.

"Look, I know this is not the right time to say it but...I can't keep this to myself y/n. I had to tell you, I can't let them deceive you anymore."

Them?

Your P.O.V

We've been together for two years. Did he do it before we started dating? At this point, my chest tightened as if someone was squeezing my heart. I couldn't further describe the feeling. All I know is that I'm filled with rage and betrayal. I looked down and clenched my fist.

"Y/n" My gaze met his worried eyes.

"This happened two weeks ago. We planned to hang out on the weekend, but he didn't show up. I tracked down his phone and followed it around. The address led me to a hotel in town. I knew something was up so I checked it out. I asked the lady at the desk if there was someone named Akaashi that checked in and surprisingly she said there was and that he had checked in with some girl. Suddenly, I saw Akaashi coming out of the elevator with the girl. I hid behind the sofa and watch how they flirtatiously talk with each other. When I confronted him about it, he said it was all a misunderstanding. I believed it at first but..."

I feel nothing. My feelings are all mixed up. I feel angry but then, tears started streaming down my face. Our relationship had always been perfect and genuine. We never really fought or had some arguments that involved others. I did feel devastated when we broke up because of my guilt for rejecting Suna. However, knowing that through our relationship, I've been giving it my all to make him feel loved. And yet, he just threw it away and chose a cheap trash girl from the street. 

"Y/n?" I came back to my senses and gestured him to continue what he was telling me.

"Are you okay? I know this is a lot to take in, considering your situation right now."

"I'm sorry but I have to go. Thank you for telling me Kuroo." I quickly left the cafe and went back to Hyogo.

As soon as I came home, I immediately locked myself in my room.

"Y/n, what's the matter? you've been acting strange lately. You don't even go to school anymore." I heard my mother's voice. I opened the door and was greeted by their worried faces.

"Y/n, what's going on with you? Akaashi called us earlier, he said you're not answering his calls. He was so worried about y-"

"Mom, please. We broke up already. I don't want you asking questions about my relationship with him." I shut the door and lay on my bed.

You really hated it when your anger turn into tears. You feel suffocated.

Get yourself together y/n.

End of P.O.V

You decided to finally attend school the next day.

You woke up earlier than expected and prepared yourself for school.

You entered the school, with a mask on. Mask that would cover everything you've been through.

"Y/n you're back!! I was so worried about you." Kaiya greeted you with a tight hug. "Why aren't you replying to my messages?? I even tried calling you!" she fumed. 

You laughed as you missed her tantrums.

"Glad to be back," you smiled as you went on your usual routine in school.

"L/n!!" When you heard your name mentioned, you stopped for a moment and returned your gaze to the hallway. Atsumu, Osamu, and Suna were walking together. They came closer and greeted you.

"L/n-san I haven't seen your pretty face for a while" Atsumu made a pouty face, which made you laugh. His face suddenly brightens, "did I just make the Y/n L/n smile?" 

"Oh shut up," you said as you walked away.

"Oh my gosh I think l/n likes me," the blondie setter said in excitement, only to be met with a smack on the head. "Get over yourself, she would never like a dumbass like you" his twin teased before walking away.

-

Class is over, and you're relieved that you completed all of the paperwork for the student council earlier than expected. When you opened your locker to place your books, a piece of paper fell out. You picked it up and read the message.

'meet me at the park where we used to hang out. we need to talk. -S''

'Didn't he say that he would cut our connections?' you sighed, kept the paper in your pocket, and went home.

You collapsed on the bed, a tear streaming from your eyes. You still can't believe it. It seems like only yesterday that your relationship was perfect, and now everything has gone wrong. You checked your phone and noticed Akaashi's name among the missed calls.

'My 2 years in life have been wasted'

You got up and looked at your reflection in your vanity. 'Maybe talking to him would make me forget this shitty relationship I had with Akaashi'

You grabbed your sweater and made your way to the park.

When you arrived, you saw someone wearing a gray turtleneck under a long black blazer.

You got closer and recognized the person sitting on the bench where Suna and you usually sit. The person stood up and gazed at you.

He smiled. That genuine smile you've missed so much. However, it was somehow tinted with sadness.

The thing is, it was not Suna whom you saw.