Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12: Sʟɪᴘᴘᴇᴅ ʜɪs ᴛᴏɴɢᴜᴇ

[ A/N: It's better to listen to the song I included above while reading each chapter that contains a song in it. Anyway, have a good day or night <3 ]

Suna P.O.V

I woke up from someone shaking me awake. I opened my eyes and saw y/n sobbing.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I pulled her up to my chest and placed her on top of me. She was breathing heavily and it's starting to worry me. "I...I had a nightmare about someone. He was chasing me a-and when he caught me, he locked me up in a small cage in a dark room" She explained, her voice cracking a bit.

I held her close and rubbed her back to calm her down "Hey, it's okay. You're safe with me. I won't let anything bad happen to you" I whispered. 

"I...I'm scared Rin w-what if someone trie-"

"I'm going to kill anyone who dares to hurt you, even if it's your boyfriend." I cut her off, softly cupping her cheeks and wiping the tears away.

-

Her P.O.V

"I'm going to kill anyone who dares to hurt you, even if it's your boyfriend." I heard him say, his tone was cold and stern and I could tell that he was serious about it. It made me feel safe and scared at the same time. The way he says it was different, it sounded dangerous.

"Hey don't worry too much" His voice turned soft as he gently stroke my hair.

This feeling. What is it?

-

I woke up from a pair of arms wrapped around me. Last night, the nightmare felt so real.

"It's morning already, stop thinking about it. Like I said, I'll be here to protect you" He whispered in my ear.

I sat up slowly and watched him fall asleep again. I wanted to make up for last night, so I walked to the nearby convenience store and decided to prepare breakfast for him.

-

I grabbed a basket and picked out the ingredients I needed.

I'm almost through with the list; all I need is mustard, which happens to be on the top shelf. I was trying my best to get it when it was snatched away from me. When I turned around, I saw a pretty woman. She is somewhat taller than me, with dark brown hair and green eyes.

Her features reminded me of someone, although I'm not sure who. 

"Here" She handed me the mustard, "Ah thank you" I smiled sheepishly.

"I'm Akina, I saw you struggling on getting that mustard so I decided to help"

That fucking smile is making me question my sexuality. Fuck did I even brush my teeth? she's so pretty while here I am, looking like a rotten potato. Even Suna thought so. I'm feeling anxious now.

"Yeah, I blamed my height for that. I'm y/n btw" I offered her a handshake which she gladly accepted.

Her hands were soft. I would definitely ask her out if I was a guy.

"Y/n huh? sounds familiar, may I ask what year you are in high school?" 

"I'm a second-year student at Inarizaki High School; how about you?" Her eyes widened, and she looked surprised.

"Now I see why you're familiar; my brother frequently mentions you, oh and I'm in my first year of college." Brother?  Who was she referring to? 

"Shit! I have to go. I'll see you around y/n" She smiled as she rushed out of the store.

-

Suna P.O.V

I slowly opened my eyes and noticed that she was gone.

"Y/n?" fuck where is she?! I looked all throughout the room, including the bathroom, but she was nowhere to be seen.

I started to panic especially after she told me about her nightmare last night. I sat back on the sofa and called Hikaru.

"Suna why the fuck are you calling me early in the morning?!"  I heard him groan from the other line. "It's about y/n-" I was cut off by the door opening, revealing the girl I was looking for.

"Suna?? Hello? Don't tell me you're gonna confe-" I dropped my phone and rushed over to her, completely locking her in my arms. 

"Ri-"

"Where the fuck did you go?" 

"I just went to bu-"

"Fuck! don't ever do that again" I paused for a moment, looking at her "You fucking scared me" She pulled away and looked back at me, then she....laughed? she fucking laughed? I'm being serious here.

"Dummy,  I went to the store to buy some ingredients. I was planning on making you breakfast so stop fussing about it" She put down the plastic bags and cupped my cheeks, squishing them together. "You act like my dad, I'm perfectly fine so stop worrying too much" I pulled her in by the waist.

"Rin?"

"You're driving me crazy, y/n."

"Oh shush, I still have to coo-"

"Sometimes, all I think about is you."

"What do-"

"Why am I so fucking in love with you?"